Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many pitches in a 136" track?

How much more track actually contacts the ground vs a 121"?

And finally does anyone have a picture of a edge with a 136"?

Thinking about a summertime project here.

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Heres a pic of my 01 with the 136. You could have met me on the trail yesterday and tried it out. A lot of the spots I think it really helped a lot to smooth out the rough that the trails were at yesterday. I really love my 136, and i think if i ever bought a 121 again the first item I would do to it would be a 136 makeover. You get enough snow in the hurley area that a 136" is more than justifiable.

I also noticed that in another thread you had mentioned that you were runnign hot last night on the trails. I ran into the same problem yesterday when I was up there. I picked up a set of ice scratchers last year, I dropped those down yesterday and never had a problem after that. It also helps to put snow in your suspension to keep your slides lubed

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
i love my 136 will never have a 121 sled agian it just eats up the ruff stuff and jumps flater
the track i got is a touring/powder track 1 1/4 it has unreal hookup hold on tight and no need for picks but my next step is 141 2in for goin west

btw nice lookin sled WIpolaris

[attachment=281229:raysxc700_side.jpg]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine has a M-10 in it but here is a before and after shot so you can see what I gained

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How are you guys dealing with the crossover hose in the rear of the tunnel? I ask cause if I do this I'm planning on putting 104 studs in for a little more bite on the icy corners.

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
How are you guys dealing with the crossover hose in the rear of the tunnel? I ask cause if I do this I'm planning on putting 104 studs in for a little more bite on the icy corners.[/b]
One way would be too just leave it. Mine is still under the tunnel and it is fine. There is an aluminum shield over it though, but I am not running studs, so maybe that wont work.

But, I would advise you to do this. I think GenII has a set of 136" tunnel coolers he has been trying to sell for awhile. I would buy these and put them in your tunnel. Not only will they add a little cooling, we know our 2001's like to run hot, it also goes up and puts the crossover tube on top of the tunnel. This way your hose will be out of your tunnel and youll have added cooling. Tehn your only worry is covering the hose on the tunnel, and possibly adding an LED strip because the brake light might be blocked by the new crossover tube.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
How many pitches in a 136" track? they are 2.52" pitch

How much more track actually contacts the ground vs a 121"? you gain 6.5" on the ground

And finally does anyone have a picture of a edge with a 136"?

Thinking about a summertime project here.[/b]
i recommend you go with rails instead of extensions if you ride hard bumps. the extension kits are not as strong as a full rail, but if you don't do any tail drops, they can hold up for a long time. also exdending your sled makes it more straight line than corner worthy. some people prefer the longer track, others don't. i would ride a 136" before you do it, it will make your decision easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.