Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a update on our trails. They are not open as of yet. Maybe Thursday. Oneida County opens as a county, and everyone has to be ready at the same time. There were a couple of clubs that were not ready. Must not have a big voluteer base to get everything done.
The lakes are going to be real slushy. I went out yesterday and rode most of our lakes to brake the slush so it freezes up in the next couple of days. We are going to try and mark the lakes on Thursday, I hope they will be safe by then.
There is going to be a lot of branches hanging down, so take it easy if you do get out.
I will try and update on a regular basis for the Three Lakes trails.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I dont think the lakes are going to be safe any time soon. They are forecasting temps during the day of 30-35 degrees, so its going to be REALLY hard for that slush to freeze.
Hopefully we will get the usually 10 degree daytime highs that we usually get for Derby weekend and it will freeze those lakes rock solid and then we will get dumped on by snowstorm after snowstorm. Im not holding my breath, but a man has got the right to dream, right? ;)

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
If Three Lakes isnt open, just haul the sleds over to Eagle River or Saint Germain. The trails here are open. They arent great, but they are definetely ridable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lakes are freezing overnight. They are getting really rough from where people have riden, but that is the only way for them to freeze. The between the snow and ice will not freeze unless it is broken up, then it will freeze overnight. the temps around 33 to 35 are not going tohurt the ice if it does not get sunny.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I WOULD JUST HEAD UP TO EAGLE RIVER / ST. GERMAIN AREA. I PUT ON 70 MILES SUNDAY AND FOR THE MOST PART TRAILS WERE PRETTY GOOD FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR. LARGER LAKES STILL LOOK A LITTLE QUESTIONABLE BUT IT IS DEFINATELY WORTH RIDING. JUST WATCH FOR THE OCASSIONAL ROCK.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
The cruisers trail are open and they are in oneida county.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.