Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what everyone's impressions are of the 2022 T-Cat after being able to ride them? I rode it for the first time on Sunday. After 100 miles, I'm impressed with the difference in power compared to my 2021 ZR8000 Limited. I can't wait until I get more miles on it to see what it can do. The ease of steering with the EPS was noticeable, especially at low speeds and driving through twisty trails and firms up nicely at speed. Coming from the ZR 8000 Limited, I was surprised at the softness of the suspension, especially with the shocks in the softest setting.
I'm glad I ordered it and looking forward to logging many miles on it this year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wondering what everyone's impressions are of the 2022 T-Cat after being able to ride them? I rode it for the first time on Sunday. After 100 miles, I'm impressed with the difference in power compared to my 2021 ZR8000 Limited. I can't wait until I get more miles on it to see what it can do. The ease of steering with the EPS was noticeable, especially at low speeds and driving through twisty trails and firms up nicely at speed. Coming from the ZR 8000 Limited, I was surprised at the softness of the suspension, especially with the shocks in the softest setting.
I'm glad I ordered it and looking forward to logging many miles on it this year.
I am thinking the power steering would be nice, I had a 17 now have a 21 T cat, getting older lol

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
453 Posts
I only rode mine about 10 miles inside a park, only 5" of snow so I really couldn't get any power down, but I'm happy with the running quality, smooth, quiet, and no smokey cold start up inside my trailer.
EPS is going to spoil me.
I'm having an issue with selecting ATAC, the dealer is ordering me a new handlebar switch, it's not working on the left toggle well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm having an issue with selecting ATAC, the dealer is ordering me a new handlebar switch, it's not working on the left toggle well.
I found that activating and changing settings on the ATAC suspension system takes some getting use to. There is a "cadence" for a better word to the switch. It is not like a keyboard where things happen immediately. Think dial up vs. high speed internet.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have said it before, the more people ride these sleds, the more people are impressed. awesome all-around trail sled. Ride great, handle great and an engine that wont quit
These keyboard jockeys that have never ridden one but whine about weight and " old" chassis design should get out and ride one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have said it before, the more people ride these sleds, the more people are impressed. awesome all-around trail sled. Ride great, handle great and an engine that wont quit
These keyboard jockeys that have never ridden one but whine about weight and " old" chassis design should get out and ride one.
Exactly, you have to drive a sled for a whole day or even better still a couple of days to get the real feel of how any given sled performs. I am anxiously waiting for my sled to come in. Jan 24th I am told. I sold my 20 8RR over the summer and don't have a sled right now. I am sure the new TCAT will be quite a bit better than my lightly boosted 16 ZR9LTD.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can someone tell me what the new tcat is going for? I am just curious since I have heard so many different prices. The sled seems state of the art with all its features so I am sure its pretty hefty!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Can someone tell me what the new tcat is going for? I am just curious since I have heard so many different prices. The sled seems state of the art with all its features so I am sure its pretty hefty!
I'm curious as to what Thundercat's with ATAC and EPS were being sold for during Snowmagedden.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm curious as to what Thundercat's with ATAC and EPS were being sold for during Snowmagedden.
I got a price with EPS and ATAC was $19495. EPS only $18695. Base model $17695. My dealer gave me advertised prices, heard some dealers might have been better. Went with a VR1 650 instead.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Those are full in season list prices. I thought they were giving special pricing for the Spring pre order program?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Those are full in season list prices. I thought they were giving special pricing for the Spring pre order program?
Yeah your right, I was wrong the spring price on the basic model I priced was $16595, the quote had a trade in on it so I just looked at the list prices, but there were snowmagedon discounts.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
453 Posts
My snowmageddon price for Tcat EPS, ATAC, and trail blazer kit was $17,695usd + tax and registration. No extra set up or any other fees. Loving every second of the 36 miles I have on it so far....lol

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Those US prices are good compared to Canada. Here’s what I mean. This is used with 1000 kilometres on it. Check the price. There’s tax on top of that and registration plus a trail pass, so you guys got deals.
Tire Product Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
206 Posts
Those US prices are good compared to Canada. Here’s what I mean. This is used with 1000 kilometres on it. Check the price. There’s tax on top of that and registration plus a trail pass, so you guys got deals. View attachment 2127392
New tcat here in Quebec Atac,EPS, trail blazer kit snomaggedon price was 21295.00 Tcat no Atac no EPS was 18835.00, this guy is dreaming

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I’m in Quebec also and I agree some prices are crazy. As you said even now if you can get one none Snomagedon price for the full load 22 T Cat is $24500 roughly and this guys asking $#7500 used? Think your from around Ville Marie? if so I see you got some groomers moving.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’m in Quebec also and I agree some prices are crazy. As you said even now if you can get one none Snomagedon price for the full load 22 T Cat is $24500 roughly and this guys asking $#7500 used? Think your from around Ville Marie? if so I see you got some groomers moving.
No I’m just outside of Montreal, maybe 3 inches here and no trails open whatsoever, that and I’m still waiting for mine

1 - 20 of 47 Posts