Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there was any former carb guys that converted to the F7 and how they like EFI? I have had 7 efi sleds and love them.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
ME

I hate them..... :lol:

because I can't mess with anything :angry:

No sneaky stuff :rolleyes:

otherwise awesome. :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
I love my EFI, after trying to start my 670 mxz after it warmed up, pulling on that bugger, It was good for my lats, nice compression.... Ha ha at least with EFI it is two pulls and away I go... Now I laugh at my doo buddies as they pull and pull and pull and pulll.......

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like EFI a lot. My F7 is the first sled I have owned in over 15 years. I live in Maryland and just got back into ownership. I grew up in North Dakota and renting stinks, and it is expensive. I have to travel a long ways and don't have time to tinker with carbs, even though I know how. When I get to where I ride I need 'plug & play'! Rode the F7 for the first time this past weekend in NY and only put on 60 miles. This sled is fun and very fast! Very crisp, super easy on the thumb. Power all the way from the bottom to the top! Will be back in NY the weekend after X-mas.

·
Registered
841 Posts
EFI only started getting good in the past couple years............earlier EFI's sucked.....they ran way to fat and there was nothing you could do about it (within warranty). I think last years 800 EFI was when cat put it to the test and mapped them on edge where they belong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've always been one to tinker and play with the jetting.. This is my first EFI and I love it! Don't miss dubbing around with the jetting at all..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Dec 17 2002, 08:26 PM
ME

I hate them..... :lol:

because I can't mess with anything :angry:

No sneaky stuff :rolleyes:

otherwise awesome. :D
They can be messed with. Sneaky stuff is possible. B)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Larry

Just how can this be done? Could you shed some lite on this subject.

It would be interesting to read.

Thanks for the insite! EFI all the way!

SolidGF7

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have ridden my 01 440 Sno Pro for a couple years and didn't mind changing jetting.... Until now.. I love jumping on and going.. I just get the jetting "in the ballpark " for the Sno Pro now and let my girlfriend ride it. The replacement for the 440SP will be an EFI for sure!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I agree with sled-head. My 1996 Ext Efi sucked! My brothers 1996 ZR was only a hair better. The new EFI's are much better. I hate to suggest this, but I wonder how Doo's SDI is???

·
Registered
178 Posts
I Have a question I don't see any o2 sensor or any type of exhaust sensor how does it know its getting the right mix?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by BudMan@Dec 17 2002, 10:37 PM
I Have a question I don't see any o2 sensor or any type of exhaust sensor how does it know its getting the right mix?
Cat's EFI has no feedback system, its kinda a guesstimation system. Throttle position and RPM are its pirmary inputs. Coolant temp, air intake temp, and barometric pressure modify the primary pulsewidth formula.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My first EFI was a 92 Indy 500 SP. It only needed the plugs changed once in the 2 seasons I rode it. My brother had a carbed Indy 500. He and some others that I rode with would have to change plugs now and then. The EFI seemed to idle without loading up like some of the other guys sleds also. The downside was the battery required to run the system. Sometimes it wouldnt start because the battery would get to low. Other times for some reason, it would lose power while riding and the battery light would flash. Happened so bad once that I had to fight with it and even push it to get some momentum and revs to climb a small hill. I guess sometimes the battery was not being charged properly as it sometimes acted up in the middle of a long ride. Last year I bought my first new sled .... 02 ZR 600 EFI. Loved that sled. The EFI was great. Had no problems with it. Kind of wished I could mod it. Now I got the F7 and going from the ZR 600 the F7 feels like a mod sled. I dont feel as great a need to modify the F7, though I might next year once I grow into it. But if Cat comes out with a F8 or F9 EFI......then its goodbye ZR. The F7 will be the new second string!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts