Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are people freaking out?

Where I live its supposed to be 8 Sunday, 9 Monday and 5 Tuesday. After that there is a 1 then its below zero from there, sure we are supposed to get some rain, but it wont be all bad, we will probably only end up loosing a couple inches of snow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For some of us the trails haven't opened yet. Combine that with the fact that we almost have enough snow to open them, but not quite (for the second time this season), it's a little disheartening that we're going to have to start all over again (for the second time this season). There's no way what we do have will survive a few days of rain and warm temperatures.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The original forecast was a solid week of above freezing temps and rain.......not good for the trail system!

Especially since all the water on the trails have not frozen yet and adding more water will not be good for the trails.

As of this morning the forecast has changed as per your comments......a day or two of above normal temps and than back to seasonal temps with hopefully some more snow.

After lasts year winter I think a lot of people are a little sensitive when it comes to the forecast and the possible repeat of last year.....so far we are off to a good start, hopefully it gets better and this January thaw will be a quick and painless one so we can all enjoy the trails!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I agree...we have so much snow its not like a few warm days are going to melt it all away![/b]
I disagree, last year I came up on a thursday nearing the end of the season, 2 great days or riding, then a couple warm days, some rain, and bam, it was over.

I agree it's way too early to say it's over, but enough rain and warm can take snow very quickly and put us back very easily.

I'm riding my nuts off tomorrow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You'll find a trend, most of the people bitching are city folks who haven't actually been on a lot of the trails to get a feel for how they really are. I'm not all that worried at all if it was just warm temps, but if it rains solid for those few days we will see a lot of loss. Not the end of the world if it does, I've already done a ton of riding, and will just take the couple warm days as a nice break to do some more maintenaince on the sled! Then later in the week the temps go back down and were supposed to get some snow so I wouldn't be suprised if by next weekend the trail are good to go again. Tommorow is going to be good as there calling for a few flurries and a high of plus 3, sunday a 30% of drizzle and plus 6 so this weeked will be great! Even after that there calling for 40-60% chance of showers and its a few days out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts