Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Result of Alaska Alcan 200, Stock F7 with mild Black Magic cyl.work at 77 miles into race ran117+mph average & blew a belt which lowered his average down to 114+ for the 200 miles over all He was radared at 130 mph comming across the lake. now thats getting with the picture

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CCC I thought so to but I talked to a couple of racers that have ran the 200 & they all agree that they do very, very little mods on there sleds because they have found that no mod sled can be run wide open for 200 miles and & not blop Lose to much dependablity ? dont know but it makes

S

·
0 Posts
Hey CC do you remember the Ice race in Yellowknife last year? they were hitting125-130mph on the straight, on last years sleds! Clutching, gears, Jetting, timing, fuel type thats how they did it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CCC

I see where your comming from but when u run same carbs,or efi system , same heads ,same pipes, & only mild cyl. work thats about as stock as u can get at least its not a mod engine by a long way

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
man we sure flooding this topic - its aint stockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

thats all i was saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

you can't argue that and it would also take more then a mild change to hit 130 mph - but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CCC I agree I dont want argue I have Ran 122 on gun With reeds & air box mod GLS said he ran 118 box stock no changes zip nothing

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by CCC Sniper@Jan 21 2003, 08:22 PM
so bottom line is a modified F7.... cause no damn F7 is doing 130 mph
:huh: wow...130 is great! But, I look at it like this. Keep in mind, I am only a woman, but here's my thought: I would rather kick ass with a stock sled than one that all modified. Not only that, the more you modify, the more problems you're likely to encounter. Anyway. I'm perfectly happy with the fact that bone stock I can eat zr800's for breakfast! Just my thought.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
The Alcan sleds are well equipped for high speed running. Lowered, machined drivers/idlers, blueprinted chassis, speed tracks, and geared way up. I've yet to see a lightly modified F7 run faster than 116 in trail clothes under ideal conditions. Until I do, Their nothing more than UFO's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
BYOFFCR....RE ALCAN 200...WAS THERE TO SEE THEM TAKE OFF...THE ONLY F7 I SAW HAD A FEW MORE MODES ON ..I HAVE ONE..77 MILES INTO THE RACE IS HALF WAY THERE.. TURN AROUND AND GO BACK....I HAVE RACED IT TWICE ....WE HAVE THE BAMBOO ROOM REST AND PIONEER BAR IN HAINES ALASKA....I ALSO HAVE THE STAT SHEET...AVERAGE SPEED IS 116 WON BY A SKIDOO 700 SECOND WAS JASON ADAMS ON ZR 900 115 MPH...I HEARD THE F7 WAS GOING WAY FAST...IT LOOKED GOOD TAKING OFF...COULD HAVE WON WITH A LITTLE MORE LUCK...ALCAN 200 IS THE FASTEST SNOW MACHINE RACE IN THE WORLD .....SEE YOU NEXT YEAR...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have never seen it just read the results I have raced a lot of my drag sleds as fast or faster but it takes a very good sled & wrench & driver to run a sled wide open for 154 miles & not blow up On this web site were all talking about our sleds blowing up in30-60 miles & were only trail rideing. Next year wife I & are going to try to attend this race . Like to see these sleds before & after & talk to drivers & mechanics TRIPPLEF if we come I,ll get in touch with u & let u know were comming meet u at your bussiness & get to meet u

·
Registered
20 Posts
BYOFFCR...SOUNDS GOOD...THE RACE IS PRETTY HARD ON SLEDS...THERE IS A CLASS FOR ALL SLEDS...THERE WERE 4 OR 5 EL TIGRE 5000 RACING...AND A 292 SNO TWISTER....ANYTHING OVER 651 IS OPEN CLASS.....HOW ABOUT A ZR 440 WITH A ZRT 600 TRIPLE STUFFED IN IT....WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU....LOTS OF RIDING AROUND HERE, NO GROOMED TRAILS THOUGH..WE USALLY HAVE DRAGS OR OVAL RACES THE DAY AFTER THE ALCAN.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
The F7 that this post is about is from our shop and belongs to Craig Hill. it is an
F7 Sno Pro Green Patriot. Here is the set up
Black Magic Porting
Stock Head
4 1" holes in airbox
Tall gearing 25/35
Lowered 3" in front 1" rear
stock 1" track cut down to 3/8" 96 studs
clutch tuning top secret okay here it is 67 gram weights yel/wht blk magic blk/red secondary 62/48 helix
sno pro air intake
Craig weighs 250lbs.
The belt issue dropped him to 5th our ZR900 finsihed fourth. Our yamahas have won the last three years prior to this and Colby had the fastest time going down on his mod viper this year also averaging 127 mph but it blew up close to the finish. We will take photos of the cats in alcan trim and post them for you guys to see. I will talk to Aaron about the ZR set up and if he says okay i will post that set up as well.
Steve

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NRP thank u for the info what rpm was he running ? with those gears at 7800 rpm he was at 150mph Sled was still close to stock

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by byoffcr@Jan 24 2003, 07:16 PM
NRP thank u for the info what rpm was he running ? with those gears at 7800 rpm he was at 150mph Sled was still close to stock
Speed run sleds are geared in such a way where the belt never reaches the top of the primary clutch. Often the belt will ride 3/4 of the way up the primary or less at full shift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you "cut down" a track? On this thread it was mentioned that the race sled had a stock 1" track cut down to 3/8". Do you just grind it down with a grinder or something like that? Will the track deteriorate at a faster rate after being cut down? Have a sled with a 1 1/4" track that I wish was a 1" is this a option for me? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know that u dont use all the clutch . we never did with our ski doos in drag racing . with cats we did I was wondering if he was running 7500--7600 where we have the best power band or if doing the cyls changed power band When we drag raced we took a carpet knife & cut the lug from side to side to lighten the track cut 1/2 inch off the lug then ice pick what ever u need. We ran 1 inch rule of thumb for every pound less on track is like 10 lbs less driver weight

1 - 20 of 20 Posts