Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
ive only got 7 inches of snow to date. Most have fallen in 1=2 inch incriments then they melt. right now we had 1.25 and its melting as i type.

·
Registered
117 Posts
F7 ditch jumper, where are you from? That sounds about like how this winter has been around my area too. I'm in South Dakota and we've had NOTHING for snow all year. I have 70 miles on my F7 and that's it. And I only put those on by going to Oakes, ND last weekend.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
im from southern Wisconsin. The bottom half of the cheese.

i want my gd snow. Trails have been closed all season long. Lake was ok to ride on but the chief o police told us to stay off of it. I told him to come catch me in his polaris aka boat anchor.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hang in there Firecat pilots.
I have been waiting all year too.
We usually have snow in October, around halloween. Nothing to speak of or ride a big sled in till 3 weeks ago. Since then we have had over 18 inches fall in two or three dumps. I even put the blower on the tractor for the first time in 4 years.
I have not run the F7 in the deep yet as I was going to leave it set up for racing. I did get the ZR out for a few ripps and man what a blast in the powder.
The last few years all we could do is load up and head for the big rocks.

Now go out on the driveway and make some gravel angels, I dont know if it will help with the snow gods, but the pain might take your mind off of sledding.

Evil

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
ya iv'e watched several storms go south of where i live :( things have to change soon winter is fading fast!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Man do I feel you pain could it all go around us again. I also live in GF I here that there is a ice drags in Devils lake this weekend and they said that they are grooming some areas but I will call someone with the snowmobile club tonight and find out. I went to Clifford last weekend to a cross country race and it was some of the best riding I have had around here in some time put 50 miles on. Man I hope we get at least 4-6 inches of snow tonight.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the worst winter ever. . .and also it came when we wanted the best. . . with all the new models out.

You guys have got to save up your vacation days and put some priority on travelling longer distances on some 4 day weekends to places where there is SNOW.

I live in Detroit and (being single) have the luxury of travelling up to the tip of the Mitt (Mackinaw area) every weekend. (Who said being single is a handicap?) Anyway, this year has been a strange one. Where there is usually snow, the patterns have been different (in Michigan) until last weekend.

Pellstone had less snow than Gaylord (further south), which had less snow than Grayling (further south). In the Eastern UP, there was little or no snow in St. Ignace. The snow was heavier but still fairly bad at Trout Lake. Everyone had to go above that at least to Newberry to get in some good riding about 2 weeks ago. Paradise MI was the only decent riding in Michigan that we know of.

(We even heard of some sledders joking that they would tell their friends to go to Keewinaw, just to cut down on the sledders in Paradise. . . (hmmm. . . ) Even the low snow conditions hit KeeWinaw. . .

Now things are much better in Michigan.

We're heading up to the Mackinaw area, for some riding Friday. We'll be heading back to Gaylord and lower riding areas Saturday and Sunday. Hope to catch at least a few hours of the Sno-Cross race in Gaylord this weekend.

If anyone out there on Firecat.Info is riding in south of Gaylord area and you see a RED PATRIOT STANDARD with a RED CHROME windshield with a F7 Team Black Sno-Pro (that's SnoProG and me). We may even be riding in the Lewiston area this weekend.

Hope to see some of you on the trails. (Gotta go, it's riding time.)

Greg

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by Wicked King@Jan 30 2003, 01:45 PM
Check out our current weather.  Yes..I live in Grand Forks.  Could it really go around us AGAIN?? :blink:
if i was u and that misses u i would cry...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
weather man (aka: ass h :eek:l e) said we would recieve one maybe 1.5" of snow today. YIPPY. but on saturday it will melt. The lake has been frozen good for weeks but didnt have any snow. It pissed me off so i ordered studs. Now that i got the studs in the mail today, the ice is gonna melt. FCK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts