Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get into racing and cat and ski-doo are the same way you need race experiance to get a new race sled now my dad raced cats for years and he and me have rode cats forever and i can't believe they will not give up a race sled it is retarded how are you supose to get race experiance if you can't get a sled everyone says buy a used one but to be competitive you have to have the new up to date stuff so idk what i am gonna do what do you guys think.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well just like nascar, those guys started with go carts. They didnt give em a 700hp winston cup cars to take out without startin amature first and building experience. I've seen plenty of new 440 sno pros in dealerships though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Right. u dont get a cadillac for your first vehicle, u get a field bomber. Too bad they do not market the sleds like mx bikes. Very easy to get ahold of!

·
Registered
831 Posts
in 1994 my son and i raced NSSR, which was a speed run on ice, 1000'. we raced a 1992 jag special that i bought used. we took the record for that class that year. my son also was rookie of the year. the next fall my son called Joey Hallstrom ,arctic cats race director at that time, leaving him many messages but never getting a return phone call.finally he left him a message saying polaris was returning calls and what do you know Joey called back! Pete, my son was put on the racing program which amounted to us being able to buy a race sled and getting us a discount on parts at Black Magic.So you have to start at the bottom and prove yourself.good luck! Snowhunter.

·
Registered
336 Posts
;) I think that if you want to race bad enough, you'll start by doing whatever it takes to get into it. In no time at all if you're any good, you'll get a new sled. Just hang in there! Good Luck to you!

Cats Rule! ;)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If your GOOD, you'll beat them on anything! Just need to hold on a little tighter! B)

·
Registered
899 Posts
if your looking for an 03 440 sno pro there is one for sale in this forum under classifieds for 6000

·
Registered
986 Posts
I raced pro ice drags from from 1972 till 1981 before I even made semi finals at the world series few more years before I made finals at world series finally took First in stock class first in mod stock & mod classes at world series by that time 2 sons were racing & only quit when one son died What I am saying is if I had to wait till I could run new sleds to race I would have never till I was to old & my sons would have had to get it started Most all the winners will tell how they started with a 1 or 2 place trailer with there tool box working in 10 below temp. on the freezing lake If it is not handed to u you earn it like the rest of us did . Pat hauck, Bill Renoalds, Andersons, Newmans, Soates Olaf aaen Tricksted..& MIKE KNAPP one of the best of all I have seen starting out this way So it dont have to be to win with new sleds Learn from the bottom as a driver and how to pull a wrench

·
Registered
430 Posts
I know of alot of pro riders that do not have a full ride. Most of the racers that race in our local races USCC
get their sleds for a good price but not for free. I think they were getting a F5 for about 3.500. My nephew bought his fan for 4.000 and he had no race experance.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Start on a fan-cooled sled. This lets you enter into the most classes to start out with and gives you the most experience. Get a 2002 Fan cooled Polaris if you want a solid starter sled. They're durable and they're very strong performers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts