Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a ripsaw on their ZRT? I am thinking of going with this for the 800 with 192 1.375" studs. Any input if I will have enough clearence. I think it should be ok.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jut was looking at studs. Looks like woodys only has 1.325" and 1.450". Will the 1.325 stick out enough with this track???

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
well, assuming a zrt is the same as a t-cat, I would worry about that front heat exchanger, as it is part of the bulk head, and 1 skip of the track, and ouch.... I put a 1 " predator track on my T-cat, with 192 1.175 studs , and wow!!!!!. I used angle backers, with singles and doubles, if you like I can post a picture, this setup launches great, plus works well in the snow, predator is a nice track, just my opinion. Thanks jacques

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please post a pic if you get a chance. I didnt know if the 1" would make a big difference over stock, especially in the snow.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by mramerica@Sep 26 2005, 11:39 AM
well, assuming a zrt is the same as a t-cat, I would worry about that front heat exchanger, as it is part of the bulk head, and 1 skip of the track, and ouch.... I put a 1 " predator track on my T-cat, with 192 1.175 studs , and wow!!!!!. I used angle backers, with singles and doubles, if you like I can post a picture, this setup launches great, plus works well in the snow, predator is a nice track, just my opinion. Thanks jacques
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=893248
[/quote]
I put an Iceclaw on at the end of the season last year (predator with little tire studs). Wish I could have got a ripsaw with the little picks installed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
is the ripsaw 1" or 1 1/4" lugs? i have A.C. 1" lug on 01 zrt800 with 192 studs. great on hardpack and ice, nothin but spinning in the soft stuff. if you look on brown's leisure world you can see that the tunnel/cooling assembly for your zrt is the same up through 2001. the limited editions and cross county sleds were available with a 1.25 inch lug track and were studable. it also appears that the heat exchangers are off to the side which explains why Cats usually do not need protectors when studding. but of course always check with your dealer and or the company you are buying the studs/track from.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ripsaw is a 1.25" lug. I dont think I will have a problem, but I waned to see how long of a stud I could use.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The 1.325 will just nip the heat exchanger no big deal. Insted of the ripsaw I went with the predator it is 1.25 all the way across, the rip saw is a finger style track. So it wont take long to wear it down to 1.00. The rip saw is the most aggressive 1.25 there is but like I said it will wear down quickly. Best of luck with your choice.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am thinking of going with the predator 1 inch now. Will this offer much improvement over the stocker or should I just re-stud what I have?????

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
going to the 1" predater, un believeable, I am going up north this weekend to help friend out, I will p.m. you a pick of front heat exchanger clearece, after I get back. Jacques :div20:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Jacques!

I am going to run 144 studs in the center of the track. Should hook up alot better than what I have now. I found a good deal online for the track, but I am checking with a local place to see if they will match the price. Looking forward to the picture.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Originally posted by 99ZRT800@Oct 5 2005, 05:05 PM
I am thinking of going with the predator 1 inch now.  Will this offer much improvement over the stocker or should I just re-stud what I have?????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910522
[/quote]

I'm looking at the same track. Think we can get a deal if we buy two at the same time???? I'm thinking 192 studs though. Same setup as Mramerica.

:banana:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Scooter, drop 2ooosrx a PM. He is the cheapest I could find for the track.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just ordered the 1" predator today with 192 studs from Rich Motorsports. Cant wait to put it in and try it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts