Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I very seriously thinkg of doing this upgrade

http://www.engine-tech.com/xcrmk800900.htm

Ive talked to art and he defintly knows his sleds!

has anyone on here used this kit?

I did a search on engine tech on google and found nothing but bood things about them, so i'm pretty sure i'll do it soon (-:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry my sled is a 2001 edge xc sp 800 currently

I have vforce 3 reeds, dynoort twin pipes, clutching, wide bearing, intake made better stuff,

thinking of adding a team secondary as well as the 900 top end

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Art's kit rocks....He has done work for me on my 700 I am very pleased with.
The 890/900 kit use his billet cylinders and rotax watercraft powervalves.I know of one around here that has had no issues!
You will have to bore your carbs and decide on pump gas/race gas single/twin pipes.

Great guy to deal with!!

Bigdog Racing

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I very seriously thinkg of doing this upgrade

http://www.engine-tech.com/xcrmk800900.htm
Ive talked to art and he defintly knows his sleds!

has anyone on here used this kit?

I did a search on engine tech on google and found nothing but bood things about them, so i'm pretty sure i'll do it soon (-:[/b]
167 hp with single pipe, hell my slp flannery 800 single pipe [performance ed.] made 162hp. lets see thats about $4000. + for 5 hp. guess id pass on that, if you want more motor then your twin has, put more motor in it. a tripple. you will be much happyer in the long run. and you will have something you can sell when your done with it.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I second that I startd with an 01 800 just like you did and I was looking into porting and pipes and big bores ect and I came to decide that with the power they put out its not worth it vs a trail ported tripple at 180+ hp. My deciding factor was that you still have the crappy stock 800 twin botom end and selling your motor and buying a tripple would be about a wash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have 3 of them running around here and a 4th one to go in an ig race chassis when I pick one up. Good motors 3 are 860 and 1 900. You need to reprogram your cdi to severs specs. send it to to pro5. They have the specs to do it. If you do it, I don't know how your pipes will work with that motor. That's something Art will have to tell you or put it in a dyno ( easiest way to make sure they're not to tight for long pulls). We're running modified slp race pipes and crankshop race pipes also 1 has slp perfomance single on it. Playing aruond with jaws pipes on one now but in needs to go to dyno and really play with hole setup to see what's best. Whatever you do before you start make sure it's what you want to and spend the money on. If you don't finsh any mod to the end you'll never be happy with it. The money is your decision. A triple is easier to get more hp out of it, but I had no problems with Arts stuff. Any mod you do twin or triple always requires more then just motor work like cdi, cooling, pipes or pipe mods, cases machined,ect

1 - 7 of 7 Posts