Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering an 06 Fusion 600 HO for the upcoming season but I am having some reservations about the 600 motor. I am afraid that I will find it too gutless. My last few sleds have been an 02 XCR800, 03 ZR900, 04 Pro-X 800 with and SLP single, 05 F7 with twins.

I know a few guys will say get a Fusion 900 but no way am I considering one of them until I can ride one for myself and am convinced that they have all the bugs out of them for 06. I am not worried about the 600s performance or reliability but I am concerned about the performance compared to my past sleds.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
why do you want to step down in hp? are you afraid of the weight ? or are you afraid of the 900 not being up to your expectations? or what everyone says is bad about the 900's? ........................don't be skeeered...........get the 900.....it will be better for 06 ..............i garrrrranteeeee.............fwiw ..i had a 05 fuse and it was awesome............

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Oct 11 2005, 09:02 PM
why do you want to step down in hp? are you afraid of the weight ? or are you afraid of the 900 not being up to your expectations? or what everyone says is bad about the 900's?  ........................don't be skeeered...........get the 900.....it will be better for 06 ..............i garrrrranteeeee.............fwiw ..i had a 05 fuse and it was awesome............
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923306
[/quote]

Even my dealer doesnt want to sell me a 900. He says to wait until guys ride them at the earliest if I have to have a 900. If the bugs are "truly" out of the 900s people will know early in the season but I am not going to take the chance on one without a thorough test ride which unfortunately is out of the question this time of year.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by ScottyR@Oct 11 2005, 10:57 PM
Even my dealer doesnt want to sell me a 900.  He says to wait until guys ride them at the earliest if I have to have a 900.  If the bugs are "truly" out of the 900s people will know early in the season but I am not going to take the chance on one without a thorough test ride which unfortunately is out of the question this time of year.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923446
[/quote]

no guts ......no glory...........

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
the 600 is a tight sled , rode 1 last march crisp clean and very responsive, but still a 600. Where do you ride? thats the question. If ya on somewhat tight stuff , great sled , but its prob not gonna break 100mph.
As far as the 9 , cant say i blame ya i always stay away from first yr run sleds , and as far as im concerned , when the first yr was a total flop second yr is still a first yr run. Just my opinion , im sure others will think differently.Keep in mind , poo,s top shelf sled last 2 yrs had issuses

·
Registered
494 Posts
the ho will go over 100..prolly 110. Go with the 600. WHo needs a big bore anyway. Your on the lakes not very often and the 600 will keep up with that 900 to 80 i bet.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Get a 600 and use the money you save to put a 660 in it. Then wave adios to the F7s. :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by Matt@Oct 12 2005, 09:20 AM
Get a 600 and use the money you save to put a 660 in it.  Then wave adios to the F7s.  :)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924025
[/quote]
It's going to take alot more than a "660" to beat a properly set up F-7, but I do agree get the 600Ho unless you spend the majority of your time on the lake. As a "trail" sled I have no doubt the 600 will be POO's best sled.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Originally posted by F7 Racer@Oct 12 2005, 10:14 AM
Keep dreaming !!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924300
[/quote]

Originally posted by twitch54@Oct 12 2005, 11:10 AM
It's going to take alot more than a "660" to beat a properly set up F-7, but I do agree get the 600Ho unless you spend the majority of your time on the lake. As a "trail" sled I have no doubt the 600 will be POO's best sled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924431
[/quote]
Hell, my 600 with the 136 beat a mighty F7 up to about 85 MPH on a hardpacked lake last season. He did eventually catch and pass me at about the quarter mile mark but the damn thing couldn't get out of its own way up to that point. Dealer verified nothing was wrong with the F7 at all. F7s are not unbeatable despite what you may read on this site. :cn:

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by Matt@Oct 12 2005, 12:24 PM
Hell, my 600 with the 136 beat a mighty F7 up to about 85 MPH on a hardpacked lake last season.  He did eventually catch and pass me at about the quarter mile mark but the damn thing couldn't get out of its own way up to that point.  Dealer verified nothing was wrong with the F7 at all.  F7s are not unbeatable despite what you may read on this site.  :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924470
[/quote]
Come on Matt, your in improved stock! Put your 121 back in then race. If all I wanted to do was race I'd take a F7 over any new Poo any day. And you know what brand I ride.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
When I passed a XC700 last year on the lake and I weighed 70 more pounds than the guy and he had an Erlandson kit in it, I was a believer that this Firecat chassis is built for speed. 111mph right out of the box for my F6 on GPS was also enough to tell me these things fly !!!!

And for the record. If I didnt ride Cat it would be Polaris.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
They're definitely fast on top end. That narrow tunnel is insane... Buy one now if you like it though. It's going away from what I hear.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by Matt@Oct 12 2005, 05:13 PM
They're definitely fast on top end.  That narrow tunnel is insane...  Buy one now if you like it though.  It's going away from what I hear.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925192
[/quote]

the more I look at the Fuse 6 in my garage, the more I wish I bought a F7, untill I look at the F7 prices, don't know how much they discount them

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Oct 12 2005, 04:38 PM
the more I look at the Fuse 6 in my garage, the more I wish I bought a F7, untill I look at the F7 prices, don't know how much they discount them
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925266
[/quote]

??????????????????????????????? All you have to know is how to turn a wrench. Not turn brands. And when I say turn wrench, I mean tweaking, not fixing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
just my input,i had an 05 900,went well,had numerous xcr800s,bb kit 700 xc,the most fun sled i had was an 02 prox 600,ran 105 mph on the lakes,then on the long flat trails(highways) in northern maine the sled was awesome,found a totaled xc800,purchased the engine and fit it into the prox600 chassic,remember no prox800 until 03,so thats why i built it it wasnt 1/2 as fun sled to ride the balance and handling wasnt as good with the 800,yeh the 800 would run115 or so but it just was more fun as a 600 sled ,this year i am going to a dragon 600 to try,ok i lied a bit ,my 02 edgew/xcr800 engine was my overall best,but not a factory sled toooooo badddd :doh:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the 6 will be OK. I dont ride lakes. Just trail ride, but I do love the squeeze of a big twin coming out of a corner. If the 600 HO will hit a real 105mph I would be happy. My F7 (stock) would only run 107 WFO last season.

I wish that the Fusion 7 was not based on the 900. If it was a punched out 6, I would already have one in my garage.

I have had a few F Cats already so I dont want another. I really like the reverse on my ProX for backing into the garage.

My buddy is a Polaris dealer and I feel kind of guilty that I havent bought anything from him in the last few years. I think I will go to his shop tomorrow and take a look at the 600 again...

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
RD, I doubt you'd like an FCat. The Fusion and GenII are more stable than the FCat, which has a tippier nature to it due to the narrower track. It's not like an Edge, but it's not a nice linear ski lift like the ZRs used to have either.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts