Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently riding a 1998 SRX 700. It's fast as hell but I need something lighter that is more of an all around sled. I'm thinking about buying my brother's 2002 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat 800 EFI 144". What are your opinions on this sled? Does it feel nice and light in the powder? I'm only 160 pounds so I don't have alot of mass to pull a heavy sled around. It's definitly lighter than my SRX, but I've never rode the Mountain Cat. Does this sled climb very well? Any problems with these sleds that I should know about. It has Boondocker Nitrous on it too. He wants $3000 for the sled without the Nitrous and $3800 with the Nitrous.

Thoughts? :dunno:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've put a lot of miles on an 02 MC 800 144 last year and the year prior.

Coming from riding my two sleds, 1990 EXT El Tigre an 1994 EXT 580 Mountain Cat, it feels big, heavy, unstable, but VERY powerful. Once you figure out how to use the power and not your weight to throw it around its pretty amazing. With the narrow/tall stance you'll feel like you're going to tumble over in off-camber situations (and if you're not ready for it you probably will, heh) But the upside of that is being able to lay it over with ease in the fluff. And yes, as long as there is snow it climbs like a raped ape compared to something with a short length, short lug track. But on hills that are icey the 580 easily outclimbs it, but thats the studs talking and nothing else. The only issue we've had with the 800 was the power valves getting gummed up. This was on Cat APV oil, but I don't really blame the sled as much as my mothers light throttle thumb. On the upside, cleaning them was gravy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts