Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:augen41: Fresh from the D&D web site "new cast oem style pistons from suzuki for an f-8 kit" why i ask would suzuki build f-8 cast pistons if they were not going to make an f-8??? even though we have not got any concrete evidence of a f-8 being built it sure looks like they might be. :div20:

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
I'd love to see Arctic Cat make an F8 to take out the Mach Z...200cc's less...wouldnt that leave a bad taste in Ski-Doo's mouth.... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I may be wrong but I beleive D&D was asking Suzuki to build these based off another motor of simlar size just needing modifications to the piston such as pin location. These are one off for D&D only. D&D guys like Glen Hall may be better to add to this but there is a saying where there is smoke there is Fire.......cat800

ptm

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I thought D&D's F8 cylinders from the original kits were from Cat then re-worked. Maybe I'm wrong.

Seriously, do you really believe Cat hasn't tested F8, F9, F10??

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
could be from the 800 mod sled???

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Originally posted by LG04F7EFI@Sep 7 2005, 02:12 PM
:augen41: Fresh from the D&D web site "new cast oem style pistons from suzuki for an f-8 kit" why i ask would suzuki build f-8 cast pistons if they were not going to make an f-8???
I think the key words there are "oem style". That tells me if they were actual Cat F8 pistons it would say "new cast oem pistons".

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by rob7374@Sep 7 2005, 08:50 PM
I think the key words there are "oem style". That tells me if they were actual Cat F8 pistons it would say "new cast oem pistons".
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864960
[/quote]
i think the key words are "from suzuki" i don't think suzuki would be building pistons to suply an aftermarket vendor unless they have a use for them.
this is pure speculation but we would all love to see an f-8 or f-9 right.so hopfully
thats what is hapening.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
These pistons were produced for D&D . They are the only ones that have them for sale in their F8's . They are not a left over from a possible production f8 from cat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts