Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
The 1200 is not a top end sled and Mike never said that... The 1200 is also not that great on ice as well. The Apex and Cat will take it on top end... I guess if thats your deal to run lakes all day, then the 1200 is not your sled unless you turbo... But on snow it will run or beat with bigger hp sleds to a 100mph.... 1000ft.... And I have owned a modded Apex and Modded Nytro, so I know how they run...
Mine has top end all over my neighbors 2011 Apex all the way across the lake! How far it is out ahead is determined by how long we stay in the gas. I just keep on pulling away further and further the longer we goo. I can also pull away from the 800's on top too. If the CFR800 HO is out ahead from a better holeshot, I can drive around him too with my 1200 Renegade on very hardpack trail conditions. Makes no sense to me with a 16" wide 137" long 1.25" ripsaw track against the CFR's 14" wide 1" lug hacksaw. My 1200 just flat out hauls the mail. It is broke in well and all I've done is tighten the throttle cable so it pulls wide open (was only pulling about 3/4 open stock), installed MBRP header, Cudneys full PB80 kit and did my own extra silencer outlet pipe mod on the stock can. If my turbo 1100 Cat never showed, I'd be perfectly happy riding the 1200. Sure seems to be making more than 150 HP with this combo. I have it spinning right at the rev-limiter of 8500. I think it would be even faster with the RB3 and allowed to run even higher R's, like 8700-8800. May need it we are now going to work over the neighbors 2011 Apex with Ulmers PCV fuel controller and an airbox mod, Should add 9-10 HP to the Apex. We'll see how this stacks up against the 1200 this season. Either way the 1200 is a great machine!

·
Registered
167 Posts
i rode with 2 1200's last winter, 1 was a 11 shorty and the other was a 10 renegade, both on the gun in 1000ft went 101mph, polaris 600 went 103 and nytro went 101, the 800 etec there went 110, all were 100% stock no mods
at another radar run a 1200 with a header muffler and controller went 115 in 2000ft on ice geared up 1 tooth

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Mine has top end all over my neighbors 2011 Apex all the way across the lake! How far it is out ahead is determined by how long we stay in the gas. I just keep on pulling away further and further the longer we goo. I can also pull away from the 800's on top too. If the CFR800 HO is out ahead from a better holeshot, I can drive around him too with my 1200 Renegade on very hardpack trail conditions. Makes no sense to me with a 16" wide 137" long 1.25" ripsaw track against the CFR's 14" wide 1" lug hacksaw. My 1200 just flat out hauls the mail. It is broke in well and all I've done is tighten the throttle cable so it pulls wide open (was only pulling about 3/4 open stock), installed MBRP header, Cudneys full PB80 kit and did my own extra silencer outlet pipe mod on the stock can. If my turbo 1100 Cat never showed, I'd be perfectly happy riding the 1200. Sure seems to be making more than 150 HP with this combo. I have it spinning right at the rev-limiter of 8500. I think it would be even faster with the RB3 and allowed to run even higher R's, like 8700-8800. May need it we are now going to work over the neighbors 2011 Apex with Ulmers PCV fuel controller and an airbox mod, Should add 9-10 HP to the Apex. We'll see how this stacks up against the 1200 this season. Either way the 1200 is a great machine!
That is cool and good to know, that if you have sweezed out more that a 150hp out of your 1200 and it is lighter than your neighbors apex with only 151 before the add ons. Well it should be faster. Also your setup should out run the average 800etec as well. I raced 3 of them last winter one a little faster (2010.50), one about dead equal, one slower than my old apex. But around here none of the 1200's are close after 80.
If I could get a 1200 to run as good as my apex on top then it could be my next sled. I drove a few for a quite a few miles over the last few winters. I like the seating position, mostly the seat. My sled after almost 21000 miles the seat is getting compressed where sit some what. They do handle better in rough tight corner conditons and not much different in the magority of groomed trails we have around here.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i have a 2010 MXZ 1200 just installed a BRP header and Can

hoping its not overpoweringly noisy

but I think anyone is dreaming if they believe this combo can beat a apex

even if the hp are close... the apex turns at 11,200 rpms... its got 133 ft pd torque

simply dont think without alot of clutching /fuel managment and exhaust... you might come close... but apex are sneaky fast.

my 2 cents.. i rode with a buddy with a 2006 apex attak... never came close to beating him... just hole shot... then he quickly catches and he is gone!

cheers
Warts

·
Mr. Part Time-On Line
35,159 Posts

even if the hp are close... the apex turns at 11,200 rpms... its got 133 ft pd torque

simply dont think without alot of clutching /fuel managment and exhaust... you might come close... but apex are sneaky fast.

my 2 cents.. i rode with a buddy with a 2006 apex attak... never came close to beating him... just hole shot... then he quickly catches and he is gone!

cheers
Warts
Thats also run through some gear reduction. I don't think the primary clutch is turning 11,200......

·
Registered
2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
1,006 Posts

cheers
Warts
Race him against a renegade.... Not a shorty.... The Attack has way more traction..

Your dreaming on the 133 foot ibs of torque... The Apex starts pulling timing at 10,900 unless you bumped the rev limiter with an ignition controller...

However, I do believe an Apex will out top end a 1200, but the 1200 will run right beside it or ahead to about 100-110mph with a header and controller combo...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Race him against a renegade.... Not a shorty.... The Attack has way more traction..

Your dreaming on the 133 foot ibs of torque... The Apex starts pulling timing at 10,900 unless you bumped the rev limiter with an ignition controller...

However, I do believe an Apex will out top end a 1200, but the 1200 will run right beside it or ahead to about 100-110mph with a header and controller combo...

it is gear reduction machine the apex.... that why it has huge torque numbers

like i siad before.. i ride with an attak other than off the line.... he smokes by me like i am standing still... 11,200 is perfect shift... rev limit is 11,700rpm

the clutch does i believe 8800 rpm

cheers
Warts

p.s i hope you are right about the header... my buddy will be pissed if i can take him

·
Registered
2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
1,006 Posts
it is gear reduction machine the apex.... that why it has huge torque numbers

like i siad before.. i ride with an attak other than off the line.... he smokes by me like i am standing still... 11,200 is perfect shift... rev limit is 11,700rpm

the clutch does i believe 8800 rpm

cheers
Warts

p.s i hope you are right about the header... my buddy will be pissed if i can take him

Unless you have an igntion controller and have bumped the REV limiter on the Apex which is stock @ (10,900), you are pulling sever timing after 10,900 RPM. Your buddy is either not stock or has no clue what he is doing... If you clutched for 11,200 to pull to 11,700, The Apex would fall on its face... If he is beating you, that bad, my guess he has a PCIII and ignition controller and other mods... OR you are wrong about the RPM that he is running at... I know I had one with a PCIII and Ignition controller, exhaust , airbox mod and Clutched by Ulmer. I know how they run...

Its also does not have 133ftlbs of torque coming through the CVT. It's more like 87 after the CVT.... A stock Apex only has 80hp at the track. Modded you are 90-92hp at the track....

·
Registered
30,678 Posts
my guess is that it will be 2-3 sled lengths ahead of your 700. 30- 40 feet between the 2 sleds.
the 1200 is a fast 700 or a slow 800. thats it.
someone on here said that it feels as fast as his apex... no way, my apex would have walked all over my 1200. when i bought my 1200 my buddies didn't, so i know how my apex raced their sleds. and how my 1200 compares. dont let all of the keyboard racers tell you different
a 1200 will be at the top of the heap in the 700 class. it's also right in the mix in the 800 class.

i say it is as fast as the older 140 hp 800's.

my isr stock 1200 will not beat my isr stock cfr 800ho. the cfr runs over it on top pretty good.

love the 1200. GREAT sled.

oh and an apex makes aboot 100 ft\lbs of torque going through the gear reduction. without that it makes maybe 90 ft\lbs.

·
Registered
534 Posts
All I know is I have 650 miles of smiles since I got my 12 Renegede 1200. Prior to this I had a 10 800r and Nytro RTX (sold within 300 miles) and an Apex (Put 6000 miles on ). My 1200 is the best of the bunch, rides great, handles great and the motor is an over achiever, the 1200 to me is perfrect for trail riding in areas where 0-75 is the norm. Several of my buddies with E-tech 800's are buying 1200's nest season YMMV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ah the two cents(Canadian two cents)My 09 mxzx 1200 will kick___all the way up to 84 mph then the no replacement for displacement theory goes out the window.108 mph was the best ever reading on my memory for top speed.Torque is well like ah I was sure I was developing tunnel carpel, my fingers and forearms took two weekends to get use to the pull.Be careful studs and plenty of carbide are needed to have the most amount of confidence while in the twisty's.Be safe have fun.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ah the two cents(Canadian two cents)My 09 mxzx 1200 will kick___all the way up to 84 mph then the no replacement for displacement theory goes out the window.108 mph was the best ever reading on my memory for top speed.Torque is well like ah I was sure I was developing tunnel carpel, my fingers and forearms took two weekends to get use to the pull.Be careful studs and plenty of carbide are needed to have the most amount of confidence while in the twisty's.Be safe have fun.
The best I've seen and it was still heading up was 120, the error on mine is 113 indicated 106 radared. Conditions at 120mph icey lake, 0 C degrees, no wind.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
have any of you guys ever had the hesitation that happens when you go from no throttle to wide open? been reading alot about this in magazines but have yet to hear anyone on here talk about it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Okay, here we go

I am coming from Tcat 1000's and probably goin green with the 13 1200 Gade. I am sure there is no comparison, but what are the numbers HP wise with the fuel and header mods?
Is there a trail turbo kit available?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I will have to call around tomorrow and see what is best. I love the Sea Doos and probably will see a supercharger on one of these in the future, but need to keep up with the 800-1100 cc boys on the lake and trails

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had a dragon 600 last year, good for about 104, the 1200 renegade is side by side with it on top end, but from 40 to 90 the 1200 is a rocket. Plenty of power.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts