Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this is what happened last weekend, comin home from the bar at around 1:30 am in the middle of a marsh hour+ away from home lol chain snapped and fell out lol, attempting to check out the insides tonight, started but its hella cold here, and stuck in my garage today lol

[attachment=417671:img002.jpg]
[attachment=417672:img003.jpg]
[attachment=417670:img001.jpg]

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone know what the inside of the case should look like? i opened it to find the tensioner laying on the bottom? is it broken?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and does anyone know if there should be a stop on the bottom gear? mine just slid off, the top has a codder pin holdin it on,

[attachment=417726:img007.jpg]
[attachment=417724:img006.jpg]
[attachment=417725:img005.jpg]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes there should be a bolt with a conical washer. Thats probably what happened you bottom gear bolt either backed out or snapped off.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found a washer, nothing that would look like it would hold it in place tho..

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
anyone know what the inside of the case should look like? i opened it to find the tensioner laying on the bottom? is it broken?[/b]
From the pics your inner case is gone,cover looks like junk too,I'd plan on replacing everything.

·
Registered
312 Posts
There should be a bolt. Do a search for BOTTOM GEAR BOLT in the xc xcr section. Alot of great stuff in there. Should answer alot of your questions. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
case and cover are destroyed, gears look good? the tensioner im not sure yet, not sureif it should be connected to the setting screw or not?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
adjuster screw looks good, need a different angle pic to see the tensionser to see if its broke.

tensioner is not part of the adjuster screw 2 different pieces

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just read that you can't find your bolt on another thread. Your case is junk so I would just start taking that apart. Maybe it will show up. As far as your adjuster I think I would get that part also. Pretty much sucks but what do you do.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the tensioner is the last pic i have up right? its completly free, what does the screw adjust then? kinda a rookie at this, sorry for all the dumb questions lol

is it a bolt? or a nut? now im confused lol,

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the link, only question is that bolt snapped off? or did it just fall off. all makes sense to me now kinda lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
I know mine just snapped off. Bad thing is that I had to take the drive out to get the broke bolt out. Quite a bit of work but I caught mine before it took the case out. My bolt head was on the magnetic part of the dipstick.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i got it all figured now, thanks for the help dude, only thing is finding that dang bolt, i hope it didnt snap.... if it fell out its a easy fix, but thanks duder

still will check if anyone can help me out more, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
That just happened on my friends sled last time we were riding the chain tensioner was just like yours and the bottom gear bolt snapped off. He is drilling out the shaft and making it a 5/8 bold instead of what it was.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
That just happened on my friends sled last time we were riding the chain tensioner was just like yours and the bottom gear bolt snapped off. He is drilling out the shaft and making it a 5/8 bold instead of what it was.[/b]
A 5/8 bolt might be a little on the large side... 3/8 is probably his better bet...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts