Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Science Hill Drifters - Radar Run, Antique sled show and Steak BBQ is scheduled for Saturday January 19th, 2008
If we can get some snow.
We have COSDRA setting up their timing system this year for the race track and giving out time slips. In previous years, the club has used radar and top speeds only.
There will be 4 lanes set up at 1320 ft, 1/4 mile, with 2 in use and the other tow being groomed. This should mean no delays for track grooming.

We have about 10 classics confirmed but more will show if there is snow.

Radar runs- $5 single pass and $25 for all day.

Steak BBQ is $16.
Even without snow this is a great event to see some sweet vitage sleds, eat some fine steaks and talk sledding.

Here is a link to the SHD web site for directions to the club.
http://www.sciencehilldrifters.com/

Here is a link to the COSDRA schedule.
http://www.cosdra.com/schedule.htm

·
Registered
827 Posts
bump is this still going on?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have been getting a small amount of snow in St Marys but as of rite now not enough to open the track. The Vintage show and BBQ are still a go and that is a good party for sled heads. I think at last wed. meeting they said we had over 350 Steak BBq tickets sold so far.
The final decision on the track will be made Fri. afternoon. I know that's late but there is snow in the forecast and canceling the radar run is something we really don't like to doo. I know in the past we have moved snow from the field to the track so it was safe to run on.
I'm in touch with the club pres. and will post the final decision ASAP.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was just notified by the Club VP that the radar run portion of the event has been canceled all other events are still a go.

There's no local riding so you might as well come out and see some really nice old sleds and have great meal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was just notified by the Club VP that the radar run portion of the event has been canceled all other events are still a go.

There's no local riding so you might as well come out and see some really nice old sleds and have great meal.[/b]
why cancel already its only wednesday

·
Registered
827 Posts

There's no local riding so you might as well come out and see some really nice old sleds and have great meal.[/b]
with snow expected thurs/fri that really sucks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for up date Dave.
It sucks for sure.
I guess the lake isn't going to drop enough snow before Sat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts