Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back i posted how my f-5 snopro would pull 800's and such and i kind got flamed for it .
today i had the same results but this time i had witnesses ! :lol:
todays list of sleds that could not get by me or i was dead even with or even pulled away from in about 500 feet is this:
2003 edge -X 800 m-10 w/slp pipe ( even)
2001 mxz 700 ( i pulled away)
2002 mxz 800 (catching me on the big end but never made it)
xc 700 ( i pulled away)
wild cat ( i pulled away )
zrt 600 ( i stayed way in front)
mxz 670 ( bye bye)
puma ( yes he tried) :lol:
phazer ( bye)
800 efi cat (ss ) (he caught me on the big end when i hit the brakes)
i could not for the life of me get a 600 rev to race me at the end of the day or an 03 pro-X 800.
on back lake in pittsburg yesterday i raced an f-7 for about 1/2 of a mile and he had about 30-40 feet on my do the math on how long a firecat is and fill in the distance with sleds . i could go on but you get the idea .
chris(blacksaber7) was there when i was racing the 03 edge x and mxz 800...................have a nice day !

·
Registered
580 Posts
Okay Sounds like you qualify for ACE now. Get a ski doo sticker, put it on your sled with a line through it..LOL..

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had to open my hodd quite a few times because people did not believe it was a little 500 . yes, most of the sleds are faster but who cares , i embarrased them in that field today .

·
Registered
580 Posts
Man that is plain embarrassing to get spanked by a little ole 500 hunderd... A cat even..HAHA.. I love it when a plan comes together, YA BABY.......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i lose against a big motored sled, i just say hey its only a 5, but whats their excuse if they lose to me? :p

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Lets clarify a few things.... Is your sled totally stock??? Clutching, studs, gears, other??? How much do you weigh?? and do all the other bigger cc sled riders need the Subway diet? I am not trying to take away your wins but, also what are the specs on the other sleds.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i weigh 240
sno pro track (no studs)
only mod done to my sled is the helix change. went from a straight 51 to a 53/51
as for the other sleds im not sure if they were stock or not except the edge x 800, he had the slp pipe on it .
all the other riders were lighter than my butt !!! :p

i also forgot to mention that on the lake i beat an sx viper twice for the half mile run . bosssho was there for that one , the viper guy was pissed and had his buddy on a red f-7 race and beat me , he was the one that had me by 30 or 40 feet at the end of the run.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as for the distance yes its was about 500+ feet , but hey if you show up on the line what does it matter? plus i could actually pass the mxz 700's if they got the jump on me .
like i said in the above post , its "quick" not fast . my sled seems to top out at 95-100 from what i was seeing on the lake . but i still have the front skid shock with a lot of pressure to help the holeshot and i think its slowing me down a bit on top end, but i dont care about top speed . :p

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
You should have that baby dyno'd... sounds like a real keeper. You basically have a stock 102hp sled that routinely is beating up on 130-140hp sleds. With your weight, you should lose the F5's 50 pound weight advantage to the average rider so it should come down to HP, torque and hookup. Wow, want to sell it ;)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im keepin it.
ill say it agin these big motored sleds are faster, i know that, but in real world snow drag races at the loacal stomping grounds getting the hookup is whats important . my coupling blocks are on 2 . i dont care if you have 500 hp, what good is it if it does not hook up for 1000 feet ?
my f-5 has just over 700 miles now and its been trouble free .

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
on another note , when blacksaber7 (chris) wanted to race the edge x 800 the guy kept jumping the gun big time he was so scared, :unsure: lol .
chris's f-7 and his neighbor john on his f-7 wooped everything that raced em . its scary the power the 7 has !

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
want to also mention i rode with john (bosssho) all day saturday in the coleman state park/ pittsburg area , we had a blast to say the least ! lots of snow and lots of sleds on the lake ! john must have made a zillion passes trying to get his f-7 to hook up on the ice but failed with a bang, lol. maybe his stud pattern is wrong ? there was an f-7 team graphics sled there that was pretty impressive to say the least compared to some other 7s . strange, some 7's rip and others struggle with setups. :wacko:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
lol...you can say that again...my setup needs some serious medical attention...I will post soon. :angry: :blink: :wacko: :eek:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Dec 29 2002, 06:21 PM
helps the holeshot but slows it down a bit on top .
In essence you are still running the 51 on top so it should not slow it down unless perhaps you tightened the spring which you shouldn't need to do with that green bugger in there. The 53 helps your initial upshift but shouldn't slow you down since you are still finishing on the 51.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts