Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Outdoor Shop did me wrong, I called them to order a windshield and rear bag they said they had rear bag and had to order the windshield (one day to come in)so why they they where waiting for my windshield to come in they sold my bag to someone else bad buisness .I could have got the windshield for $20 cheaper elsewhere but i desided just make one order Because they told me they had the bag.No call to tell me this I wait a week and a half to find out.Do not use the Outdoor shop is my thought.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've had nothing but positive experiences with The Outdoor Shop. I've ordered five or six things and they have always shipped immediately. I do have some parts on back order and it seems like it is taking forever but I believe that is the fault of Dan's supplier not him. I have heard of couple minor issues but we need to understand that Dans business is not a traditional mail order business (like Dennis Kirk), it is a dealership. As any business goes through changes like he is, it needs to perfect its work flow, in this case ordering and shipping. The best part about ordering from TOS is the fact that you call or PM them and you speak to Dan directly. How many people has he personally answered questions for and given advice to that is invaluable. In my opinion that is more important than the discounts he gives which are significant. He has helped alot of people and worked alot of deals for us here. I'm sorry you did not have a positive experience and it is certainly your right to speak up and not use him agan but like the old saying goes "If you do somebody wrong they will tell 10 people and if you do somebody right they will tell one." I'm just speaking up for my positive experiences.

·
Registered
302 Posts
They have done me right so far. MAybe it was an honest mistake by miscommunication between the 2 running the shop.

·
Registered
899 Posts
i have bought a couple of things from the outdoor shop and dan has always been very easy too work with and ultra fast delivery!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
The Outdoor Shop did me right! Obviously there was a miscommunication at the shop,I've ordered from Dan MANY times and have had nothing but positive outcomes to all our transactions,his pricing can rarely be beaten,his shipping is never slow,and he is full of info that he is willing to share.That is a lot more than I can say for any dealers in my area.We all make mistakes,and I really think thats all thats happened here,NOT a deliberate action to screw you out of your bags! :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Pretty harsh statement(Do not use the Outdoor shop is my thought). This is not perfect world and mistakes happen.

·
Registered
298 Posts
dan dropped shipped parts to me on vacation. advised me of my back ordered shapper bars and has always been friendly and grenerous with his time. i can't even get the guy i buy my sleds on the phone that's why dan gets my business. must have been overlooked on his part everyone can make a mistake.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am glad you all had good experiances with The outdoor shop that is why I used them.Alot of people here said they where good so i tried them.They told me they had the bag I wanted IN STOCK then 11 days later when my order showed up a nice note saying the bag was back ordered.Now I will go find it elsewhere and not use them again.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have done quite a bit of business with Dan & Lori at the Outdoor Shop since they came onto this site. I have been EXTREMELY HAPPY with them from day one. I wish that every Cat dealer was like the Outdoor Shop.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sounds pretty weird to me. Dan, Lori and the Outdoor Shop have been the best dealership, dealers that I could have hoped for. Dan is constantly on the phone with customers trying to fullfill the massive orders and requests that he's bombarded with. Give him another shot.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
BudMan---

I am real sorry ...I remember telling you I had to order the windshield (by the way costs me $58 plus freight to me then you so I make $12 total all done...yes.) so???? Anyway I also swear I said they was one bag over there and I "believed" it wasn't sold...I found out from Lori she had sold it before we left the day before...So I tried to drop ship one to you..Now B/O'd damn...I looked at calling you and forgot to get your username here or phone #...So then we tracked your phone # online...and Lori called it 3 times total...no answer (it may not be right # but??).. so we left that note..for you to call us or let me know, what I could do .. I am sorry, I don't think it was fair of you to give me this ..online without contacting me first...I hope I can make it up to you, If not sorry, and good luck elsewhere...

I also want thank all others for their input...
Dan

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
By the way, (not being a jerk) I found 3 bags sitting in the corner after we shipped the w/s (after trying to contact you) .. But didn't want to send it then, in case you had bought one.. waiting for a call...(since I had no phone # )
I got no call, so as of right NOW I have one sitting here with your name on it right in front of me!!!!!

Its your call.....

Dan

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems w/ Outdoor Shop. I placed an order w/ Dan and received product in mail next day. Service could not have been better. It sounds like Dan went above and beyond to try to contact you. Mistakes do happen.

·
Registered
242 Posts
One bad experience for someone that sounds like it was a miscommunication. It does suck to be the one that it happened to , and knowing it was a miscommunication doesn't make it any better (Sorry Budman). I will say that there are way too many positive experiences to get down on Dan and Lori. Keep up the good work you two. Those of us who have had VERY positive experiences will continue to support your efforts.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have been dealing with Dan now since the beginning of the season. Not just for accessories but for a ton of different parts, clutch kits, etc. He and Lori have been nothing but helpful, and always seem to error on the side of caution regarding an order.

I think the Outdoor Shop is awsome and will continue to use them.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
hay budman, give em another try, you won't be sorry.
i have checked prices, dan&lori have got good prices.
and FAST shiping. they ship faster than anybody. B)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The reason I did not call earlier,I Did not receive order till yesterday mourning and up until then thought it was coming.I have an answering machine that is checked regularly so did not get any call back, I am leavening on a riding trip for the weekend . So went and bought a bag last night. Sorry could not wait another couple weeks for it. I know my problem is small and would not keep me from riding in our already short season.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dan, does The Outdoor Shop have a website? How do i get in touch with you guys?

Also, do you happen to carry any Yamaha accessories? ( :eek: everyone chill...i like the Yamaha Sno-Force helmets and want one in red to match my firecat..thats all).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts