Hardcore Sledder banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Trails were great today and yesterday.
Most of the trails affected in any way by the Wabeno groomer being down is no big deal. The LMT trail system intertwines with the 100 miler in that area.....Besides the trails are like Teflon these days.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Trails were great today and yesterday.
Most of the trails affected in any way by the Wabeno groomer being down is no big deal. The LMT trail system intertwines with the 100 miler in that area.....Besides the trails are like Teflon these days.
thanks for heads up , they had a post on f.b this morning that the groomer is back up and running :bc:

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Trails were fantastic tuesday thru saturday clubs are doing a great job keeping this flat . came home this morining do too it was going too be 50 degrees up there ,temps look too be cooling off for next week !

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Trails were fantastic tuesday thru saturday clubs are doing a great job keeping this flat . came home this morining do too it was going too be 50 degrees up there ,temps look too be cooling off for next week !

Yes trail are awesome let's hope this warm up doesn't last long

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i hope yur attitude of not riding was observed this weekend but i guess if a person had a ride planned they went and rode.
will be looking for a report in a day or 2 as to how the trails held up. We have one more trip planned starting thursday the 27th.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is the trail report from my club's website (Paul Bunyan Riders):

February 24th. Trails were groomed last night. The tops of hills are starting to show dirt and the swamps are starting to break up. We will groom as long as we can. Ride safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It does suck. It's supposed to cool down starting tomorrow (unfortunately no snow in sight) but then be in the mid to upper 30's all of next week. We're going up this Friday thru Sunday, hope it's not our last ride of the year.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Sucks they're falling apart so early this year. I remember a few years ago they were open almost all the way to April.
That would of been the March of 2013 I believe. I rode the last day of March then on the 31st around Drummond WI in Bayfield county>>>>>>:thumbsup:

·
Registered
757 Posts
It does suck. It's supposed to cool down starting tomorrow (unfortunately no snow in sight) but then be in the mid to upper 30's all of next week. We're going up this Friday thru Sunday, hope it's not our last ride of the year.
Doing the same. Even pulling my son out of school on Monday as I don't have a good feeling for the remainder of the season. Hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2016 Switchback Pro-S 800
165 Posts
Thinkin of goin to Crandon this weekend?

Is it worth the trip?
I'm waiting on any new reports (FB) being posted today, but as of right now I think we're heading up as based on next weeks forecast of warm weather, I think we're at the end of our season.

Seen a post from LMT last night that reported some bare spots, so that is my only worry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Paul Bunyan (Lakewood) posted this today:

All 3 groomers were out last night. Trail boss Bob Prasser reported lot of bare spots and lot of ice. We always give you a honest trail condition report and without a significant amount of snow this might be the last weekend of grooming. Please be careful on the corners and hills. Swamps are starting to break up. Ride safe.

Not looking good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thinkin of goin to Crandon this weekend?

Is it worth the trip?

I would say it's worth the trip. We're headed up late Thursday night so we can hit the trails early on Friday. We plan to go north from Lakewood thru the Crandon area, probably up to Long Lake.

·
The Meat Man
15,701 Posts
Post from Pelican Lake last night the Sno Devils are out grooming. I'm thinking about going to Summit Lake this weekend.:bc:

Attachments

81 - 100 of 111 Posts