Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
The lean product lineup doesn't bother me. They said this was a rebuilding year and that they needed to clear non-current inventory. Their actions seem to be consistent with that.

I've ridden both the 2020 Thundercat iACT and the ZR 8000 Limited iACT and would consider them both excellent high performance touring sleds. I really enjoyed them both. The arm stretching, G-Loc inducing acceleration of the T-Cat was pretty cool. Breathtaking, actually. Yet, trail manners were outstanding.

People are rightfully concerned about the future, because they can't see what's coming next. That's understandable, but I'd worry if they could see it, because so could the competition. Not only do they need to impress riders and buyers in 2021, but they need to do something that nobody sees coming.

I believe Arctic Cat can do it, but more importantly that they will.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the last of the 800 zuke engines like the new Riot but Cat has changed a two year old engine kind of waiting till i make sure they got it right

·
Registered
958 Posts
Still not even close to a true two up luxury touring machine. Reference ski doo's offering.
Polaris has the Titan, and that's it for dedicated 2-up seating. Not exactly luxury touring.

I asked a Polaris factory rep about that and he suggested a convertible backseat option on the Indy XC, similar to what Cat is offering.

Looks like Ski Doo is the ticket for you.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I don't even like ski too but they are the only true touring option. I have 2 t660 le's, the green ones that I will likely drive until I die. One is a two up and the other is a single seater. FWIW I caught a ride in a p-51 once.....way cool.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Find a new non current Pantera, dealers still have some but after the 2020 line up was introduced and people found out they discontinued the 7000 touring they started buying up the 2018 & 2019's.

·
Premium Member
13,895 Posts
Not fast enough......that's part of the problem

your 660 is a whopping 110 hp, the pantera 7000's are 125-130, and do everything light years better than the 660 could dream of doing.
lighter, faster, more powerful, better riding, better handling, and on...

They didn't build any 2020's because there are so many leftovers in the field.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Average price of Pantera xt limited is 15k. It doesn't have the turbo punch of the t660. It's certainly not lighter. It's good it's a triple. On a relatively smooth trail ride quality would not be noticeably better. No remote start that I currently have. Yea, it's a better machine than I had given it credit for being but I think there MAY be major changes in cat's product line soon so I will wait to see what happens unless the 19 deluxe Pantera's become deeply discounted.

61 - 80 of 211 Posts