Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
#1 - if the race dept is shut down, why can I still log onto it and order parts for my sled? I just checked it 10 minutes ago and it was fine.

#2 - I almost ordered a Riot and then held off thinking it was going to be a little close for me cash wise. Now all summer long I have unlimited overtime in our new Trump economy and things are looking awesome! I wish I ordered one... now I can't. Hopefully some dealers do stock them, because I'll be buying one if they do as long as they're not raping the customers with pricing.

#3 - I've seen the floorplans for a couple of the bigger US snowshows for this fall and I hate to say it, but there's only 3 OEM booths centered on the venue floors. Is Cat and Yamaha combining booths, or is Cat skipping the shows altogether? I'm afraid from the looks of it, its one or the other.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,194 Posts
I wish the new Arctic Cat gave us something to talk about.
Too many secrets, not enough hype.

Tell us more about this new 800

Tell us more about the new front suspension
Tell us more about what's going on in Thief River Falls and St Cloud MN

I miss the days when John S @ Arctic Insider would feed our passion for Arctic Cat products, rumors and gossip.

I don't care that it comes in this or that color. I want details, I want tech.

Recreate the excitement that once accompanied Arctic Cat
If you read the first post in the thread...
The new engine: https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snow/trail/zr-limited

The new suspension: https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snow/crossover/riot#capabilities

What's going in TRF? They build sleds and ATV's there.

What's going on in St. Cloud MN? They build engines there.

So again what secrets? :dunno:

·
Registered
19,992 Posts
I was up to Cat Friday and the race shop is still up and running but sounds like there day's are numbered. Also they wre building Grey/Red Alpha Hardcore 164's and Tracker XTR 1000's...aka XX.
So are they are not participating in racing anymore... My thinking is they need a race shop for that, you would think and specifically for R&D. Unless they are just going to let the sponsored teams do the R&D? Seems weird..
They are not getting out of racing. They are having the racers deal with dealers now instead of cat directly. Since they have them doing that now they don’t need a race department.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Beat me to it! The rumors nowadays with social media is amazing.

I don't think the rumor was Arctic Cat was getting out of racing but rather closing the Arctic Cat Race Shop and going about thing's differently....I am not sure anyone beat you to anything!

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
I don't think the rumor was Arctic Cat was getting out of racing but rather closing the Arctic Cat Race Shop and going about thing's differently....I am not sure anyone beat you to anything!
Scott, some just don't want to accept the reality of the Race Dept shutting down..... and the impact it has / will have, like no "hot" race efi boxes, etc.....

Sent you a text BTW

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Scott, some just don't want to accept the reality of the Race Dept shutting down..... and the impact it has / will have, like no "hot" race efi boxes, etc.....

Sent you a text BTW
I could careless. I don’t race nor do i follow it. I also own multiple brands. I just haven’t seen any hard facts on this. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
The new engine: https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snow/trail/zr-limited

The new suspension: https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snow/crossover/riot#capabilities

What's going in TRF? They build sleds and ATV's there.

What's going on in St. Cloud MN? They build engines there.

So again what secrets? :dunno:
A few years back I went to Hay Days with some friends. We ended up camping a few miles north getting away from the big crowd. Saturday night we were at one of the local bars when all of a sudden the big shots from the Ski-Doo trailer stopped in. Ended up having some interesting conversations with a few of them. One thing I remember is one of them saying the majority of the people that buy a snowmobile really don't know what they are buying. They come into the dealer with brand in mind, they pick an engine size and color but after that they have no idea what the sled is made of. They don't know about the shock packages or gearing or clutching or any specifics of the engine. They have no mechanical knowledge of the sled.

Come on Vince; I see your posts on here. Your not a key board warrior, your a contributing member. Don't be a Ski-Doo guy

Call it secrets, call it lack of shared information, call it what you want.
Me; I want specifics.
We all know the new Ctec2 has a new injection system. I want to know more about it.
Where are the injectors located.
The crankcase? We could see the injector boss on various older engine where AC was trying this option
The transfer ports? One or two injectors per cylinder? Can they control all fuel with one or do they have low and high speed injectors?
Ever notice how some pistons have small holes drilled in the side? This is to assist oiling.
Are they injecting oil into the fuel rail like before? If not I assume the slot in the piston has been removed. How are they getting sufficient oil to the wrist pin? We all know they are dumping less and less oil to these engines

I know they make sleds in TRF and engines in St Cloud.
I also know they shutdown production in TRF for plant upgrade.
What type of upgrades?

Back in the day John S @ ArcticInsider would tell us this information and much more.
I enjoyed those stories.

I have money to spend
You want me to spend it on your product you have to tell me more than some generic sales brochure
This day and age with all the media options there is no reason not to

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
#2 - I almost ordered a Riot and then held off thinking it was going to be a little close for me cash wise. Now all summer long I have unlimited overtime in our new Trump economy and things are looking awesome! I wish I ordered one... now I can't. Hopefully some dealers do stock them, because I'll be buying one if they do as long as they're not raping the customers with pricing.
I have a Hyper Green coming with the 1.35" if you are interested in it. No markup, you can have it for spring check pricing.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The 2020 800 will be going up in price if the Dyno shows close to 165hp stock. We can only hope the HP is going to be close to the 165 mark.
Guess it depends on the dyno.
If some "reputable" facilities had the 2019's over 165 then the new motor should be over 170

Soon the new sleds will be in the hands of some that can tell us the facts

Reactions: DamageInc

·
Registered
958 Posts
That is a hell of a deal as those prices were awesome!!

Jester:bc:
I was fairly impressed with the Riot I rode, even though it was an engineering test sled, and the suspension setup was supposedly still being tweaked. Impressed enough that I'd be a Cat Convert now if my budget had allowed.

In fact, I wouldn't be planning a spring 2020 order if it hadn't been for the Riot.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
The 2020 800 will be going up in price if the Dyno shows close to 165hp stock. We can only hope the HP is going to be close to the 165 mark.

Don't hold your breath because you will fall over!

41 - 60 of 211 Posts