Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish the new Arctic Cat gave us something to talk about.
Too many secrets, not enough hype.

Tell us more about this new 800
Tell us more about the new front suspension
Tell us more about what's going on in Thief River Falls and St Cloud MN

I miss the days when John S @ Arctic Insider would feed our passion for Arctic Cat products, rumors and gossip.

I don't care that it comes in this or that color. I want details, I want tech.

Recreate the excitement that once accompanied Arctic Cat

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,776 Posts
Snowgoer is retarded. The front end was revamped with longer spindles and moving the bottom bushing up 1.5 inches raising the front end of the sled and making the roll ratio smaller. Apparently, it makes a big difference in ride and cornering performance (prolly why the fat fucks at Snowgoer didn’t notice anything).

Also, the mil was completely retooled to make it a “true” 165 ho sled. Retooling isn’t easy or cheap.

It should be a great sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Snowgoer is retarded. The front end was revamped with longer spindles and moving the bottom bushing up 1.5 inches raising the front end of the sled and making the roll ratio smaller. Apparently, it makes a big difference in ride and cornering performance (prolly why the fat fucks at Snowgoer didn’t notice anything).

Also, the mil was completely retooled to make it a “true” 165 ho sled. Retooling isn’t easy or cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The new mill will have a few more hp over the current one. It is not going be 165 out of the box like everyone is thinking.

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
Snowgoer is retarded. The front end was revamped with longer spindles and moving the bottom bushing up 1.5 inches raising the front end of the sled and making the roll ratio smaller. Apparently, it makes a big difference in ride and cornering performance ,.

Don't worry about dskofich he's just a little brand hating sock warmer. Early opinions of the new AWS II are very good.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I for one hope they don’t do away with the race dept. I attended a amsoil Snocross event this season & noticed a lot of brand loyalty. Also it’s a great place for testing new stuff & improving what they have.
I’m new to Arctic Cat having bought my 1st one at the end of March, and I would also love to see & hear more info about what’s going on & what’s to come.

·
Administrator
20,659 Posts
Just a reminder this isn't the General forum, and it's in the Cat forum ... so let's keep this train on the tracks (hint, hint @stinki )

·
Registered
40,079 Posts
I wish the new Arctic Cat gave us something to talk about.
Too many secrets, not enough hype.

Tell us more about this new 800
Tell us more about the new front suspension
Tell us more about what's going on in Thief River Falls and St Cloud MN

I miss the days when John S @ Arctic Insider would feed our passion for Arctic Cat products, rumors and gossip.

I don't care that it comes in this or that color. I want details, I want tech.

Recreate the excitement that once accompanied Arctic Cat
Not a whole lot to write home about with snowmobiles in general for the lower 48, imo its dying.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I would almost like to see AC do away with dealers and sell direct they could still have authorized service centers where you could have warranty work performed or prep work done at a cost if you preferred. It would drop the price a bunch, may not be as convenient and sure there would be some risk but anytime you purchase a toy there is risk.

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
https://snowgoer.com/top-stories/2020-arctic-cats/

The Arctic Race Suspension II features new forged aluminum spindles that are 1.5 inches taller, new lightweight upper A-arms that are more rigid and revised geometry that delivers a new roll-center and adjustable camber.
It’s set at a 42-43-inch adjustable stance on the G2 ProClimb skis. The new suspension is said to offer improved cornering plus increased ground clearance.
This is the only thing I can find where SnoeGoer mentions the new front suspension.

Snow Goer say no huge improvement to the front end
Please post your source.
Because if its this: https://snowgoer.com/news/2020-standouts-4-snowmobiles/27134/
Then you got nothing.

snoegoer said:
What’s different for 2020 is revised ARS II front suspension geometry for flatter cornering plus updates to the CTEC2 engine – with new cylinders, pistons, combustion chamber and fuel rail. Frankly, the front suspension alterations on this model were barely noticeable, and the run quality on pre-production 800-class Arctic Cats at the Rode Reports event was inconsistent – some models ran strong enough to chase down 850s while others had burps and stall-outs at times. Clearly calibrations were still being finalized.
This is the only thing they say about it, one a new model machine, that's still a demo, where calibrations where still being done, as a tester sled.
Not a usable reference.
Opinions of the completed models are all good and have positive remarks from Snowtrax and other places that have drove them. I would agree that, its obviously not a night and day difference, but it will definitely be a noticeably better handling/turning front suspension.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
The fact they said go through dealers now says they chopped it. Sad for sure
I was up to Cat Friday and the race shop is still up and running but sounds like there day's are numbered. Also they wre building Grey/Red Alpha Hardcore 164's and Tracker XTR 1000's...aka XX.

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
The fact they said go through dealers now says they chopped it. Sad for sure
I was up to Cat Friday and the race shop is still up and running but sounds like there day's are numbered. Also they wre building Grey/Red Alpha Hardcore 164's and Tracker XTR 1000's...aka XX.
Uggg i didn’t realize they were selling a re badged xx to tracker.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
https://snowgoer.com/top-stories/2020-arctic-cats/

This is the only thing I can find where SnoeGoer mentions the new front suspension.

Please post your source.
Because if its this: https://snowgoer.com/news/2020-standouts-4-snowmobiles/27134/
Then you got nothing.

This is the only thing they say about it, one a new model machine, that's still a demo, where calibrations where still being done, as a tester sled.
Not a usable reference.
Opinions of the completed models are all good and have positive remarks from Snowtrax and other places that have drove them. I would agree that, its obviously not a night and day difference, but it will definitely be a noticeably better handling/turning front suspension.
Damn , you really are an imbecile.

Quote from Snow Goer.........
Frankly, the front suspension alterations on this model were barely noticeable, and the run quality on pre-production 800-class Arctic Cats at the Rode Reports event was inconsistent – some models ran strong enough to chase down 850s while others had burps and stall-outs at times. Clearly calibrations were still being finalized.

article title is four 2020 snowmobiles that shined in spring tests. Maybe now you can FUCK OFF :bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:

And your reading comprehension leaves alot to be desired too.

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
Damn , you really are an imbecile.

Quote from Snow Goer.........
Frankly, the front suspension alterations on this model were barely noticeable, and the run quality on pre-production 800-class Arctic Cats at the Rode Reports event was inconsistent – some models ran strong enough to chase down 850s while others had burps and stall-outs at times. Clearly calibrations were still being finalized.

article title is four 2020 snowmobiles that shined in spring tests. Maybe now you can FUCK OFF :bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:

And your reading comprehension leaves alot to be desired too.

You don't have to be so aggressive, and shouting 'F*** Off' is uncalled for and inappropriate in a non GDF thread.
They clearly state the calibrations were still being finalized, so its pretty obvious who is struggling with reading comprehension.
It's a small, but nice update to the front suspension that will help with keeping the machine planted during cornering, which is not easy task for 998 powered machines.

In this video review by AJ (on a closer to production sled), he mentions it noticeably helps cornering on their test Viper:

1 - 20 of 211 Posts