Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need a good soft belt or don't even think about doing this mod.
You will get to much clutch heat at top end.

Number 16. You need to get that baby out and have 1/16th cut off it
and it will let your belt get to the top of the primary. Take it off the
bigger end of the bushing. Now if you take tomuch off don't worry
have your dealer ajust with the spider washers to keep the belt from
rolling off the top.

Now this is for the guys that don't use the D&D and bikeman Clutch mod. :div20:

·
Premium Member
2022 XCR 850 136 still waitng for khaos boost
6,889 Posts
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Sep 14 2005, 02:46 PM
You need a good soft belt or don't even think about doing this mod.
You will get to much clutch heat at top end.

Number 16.  You need to get that baby out and have 1/16th cut off it
and it will let your belt get to the top of the primary.  Take it off the
bigger end of the bushing.  Now if you take tomuch off don't worry
have your dealer ajust with the spider washers to keep the belt from
rolling off the top.

Now this is for the guys that don't use the D&D and bikeman Clutch mod.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874819
[/quote]
BULLSHIT been there done that,ran all last winter without it .......tell night hole cum bag to quite giving you crap for info

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
doesn't work.. hell I was the FIRST to try, and said it may work.. But in reality, with the way the belt, and these clutches work, chances are maybe 1 in 100 it would do anything. But for sure, was worth tring, or is worth trying.. should say.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Im with Dan and Flasch on this one.. Dan is the one who had me try and cut that bushing way back in the beginning of last season.. Heck I ran most of the season without it, even with Dans monster red spring (witch is a $^#%@&# to get in.. LOL).. It seems like we are going in circles here, I even saw the fuel pressure thing come up again, been there done that too. HP was not the issue. It always came back to the small secondary and belt.
Trust me guys when I say that those of us that had problems tried everything. You could make it faster 0-80mph then forget it, -BELT SLIP- after that.
Small secondary and weight is the problem, but that's for another post.. :cn:

·
Premium Member
2022 XCR 850 136 still waitng for khaos boost
6,889 Posts
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Sep 14 2005, 04:42 PM
You know dead dave said you might say that.

flasch7192 you must realy have a realy realy slow early build F7.......

Flasch try a 160/260 primary spring and you might not get the spring bind.  :beer:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874991
[/quote]
Dont have a early biuld just a plain old production junker,you know you keep putting up that pic of your primary all that shows me is how much your belt is slipping, if i were you i would re thinck the DonoBBD/Night Train clutching,and no you cant just slide the polaris belt on like you state in another post
DonoBBD Today, 03:10 PM Post #30

QUOTE(dingus @ Sep 14 2005, 02:59 PM)
Dono, is that the same bushing that i would need to take an 1/8" off for my M?

YEP and just slide on the 440IQ belt.

Skis up........

--------------------

Faster than a Cheetah

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
This is friggen nonsense, you are black rigging your clutch to make it faster. Can't you just buy the clutch mod?

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
Total Bull, I'v had the clutches on the sled with no springs, #16 just keeps the spring from wearing on the clutch post, the clutch will open plenty far with it in there.

Krom

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
What Krom Said. Mostly if you have a Slow F7 its is a build up of things, not just one thing in a nut shell. We have a customer that had 2 identical F7 sno-pros as far as set up goes, one did 112-115 pretty consistent, the second did 98 like it was running into a wall. I've not had the time to go through both sleds side by side, but i'll be sure to let you know what i do find out in the end. If I find it that is.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have done the same thing that Krom said, had it on the sled with no spring and it opens just fine with it in..
Now that being said the new 10.4" secondary has a smaller one in it.. Something to think about if you are updating your clutches.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
well all i want to know is why these dam things keep taking belts. I have one of the fast ones, i get 108 all day long with the 1.375 track with studs. That tension adjuster that keep presure on the spring is always coming loose, and my sled eats belts for lunch. ( Dan im the guy that you meet in portland to give me those belts last year) any info guys would be aoppreciated sense the dealer has already given me a new clutch and it didnt do shit!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Doesnt the 06 have a smaller primary? How will this effect clutching, if we get the 06 secondary and have the 05 primary? this is starting to get confusing! :frech32:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts