Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I went up to Munising, by myself. Let's see, my options were to a) go snowmobiling by myself (buddy backed out last minute) or B) go to St. Louis with my fiancee for a wedding. Well, that one didn't take long. Anyway, my first outing Friday decided to take my 01' Sno Pro instead of Firecat, due to the Sno Pro being more dependable :mellow: . Got just beyond Melstrand on my way to Grand Marais and sled drops a cylinder, turned out to be broken ring (Black Magic carbed 711 Invader engine). Of course now I'm hearing in my head, "You shouldn't go by yourself", as I recall what people were saying. Anyway, not 3 minutes go by and 3 guys stop and end up towing me to gas station in Melstrand. Gas station attendant calls a friend and gives me a lift back to Munising :) After picking up my Sno Pro, took Firecat F7 Sno pro for rest of weekend, no problems. Before leaving that morning, talked to another party who had 3 F7's with them, down to 2 with a previous day burndown. I stated to him I felt more confident in my 01' than my new one. I must have jinxed myself. Anyway snowmobilers and the people who serve our little community are awesome! I just want to thank Ken (who towed me back to gas station) on a Polaris by the way, that was embarassing in and by itself, Anna at the gas station who called her friend Frank, and of course Frank for the ride back. :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
pulled a guy out of the trees in munising last week, he was on a old xc 700, older fellow having a hell of time getting out, so 4 of us jumped in and pulled him out, would like the same if it was me, doesnt matter what brand your on, we all love the same sport!! :) :p

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have helped pull out all kinds of machines, and have been pulled out when I buried my EXT600 trying to scale a small hill of powder. Except the powder was about 3 feet deep. Woops. Had to tip the sled on its side and slide it out of the ditch.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Onced stop to pull a guy out of the powerder near hurley. He ran off the edge and got stuck in 3 feet of snow. 6 guys couldn't pull himout. Backed the pantera 1000 up to him tied the rope up, gave it a little gas and pulled it right out didn't even spin the track. The guys were impressed, "Thats worth a miller or too". I would hope some one stops for me when i get stuck.

·
Registered
743 Posts
yeah we came across a guy trying to pull his girlfriend out of snow that was 3 feet deep, she tried to miss a water hole and went off the trail and down a hill, not that it matters but they were both on cats, so my two friends and I and her boyfriend got it out pretty easy, and I no its not the smartest thing but I to ride a lot on my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts