Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any one has 1.5 hrs of free time watch this movie.....it is a real eye opener.....really helps you understand why it is the second week of Jan and we have little to NO snow on the ground and the waters are not even close to being frozen.....and it will only get worse!

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
I didn't realize that movie was about El Nino and the North Atlantic Oscillation.

:cn:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
what ever it was warmer 500,000 years ago and we weren't around. It all has to do with the sun and how much energy it is putting out.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
If any one has 1.5 hrs of free time watch this movie.....it is a real eye opener.....really helps you understand why it is the second week of Jan and we have little to NO snow on the ground and the waters are not even close to being frozen.....and it will only get worse!

Cheers.[/b]
Yea, So was the movie Taxi driver.. Snow white.. did not take either serious ..
THINK,,,,,,

look at .the Agenda .. its alway$ the Agenda.. wake up!

and ohh,,BTW>

http://www.oldforge.net/christys/

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts

Cheers.[/b]

Tied the record at Central Park Ny Sat @ 72 degrees

1950...72 deg., .......this is not a anonmoly!...But in 1950 no one made a movie or ffff--ffreaked out chicken little style...why?? IMO No sno sports nutz like us(?) around ..w/ thousand s tied up eqiup. and time....to whine and bitch and find fault.

·
Registered
524 Posts
this topic has been debated by the smartest scientists in the world, and they cannot agree on what is the cause of the earths current warming trend.
what can't be debated is the earth's temperature has gradually increased over the past few decades. this is fact. what is hotly debated is the cause.

maybe its a natural occurrence, maybe co2 produced by humans is the cause. the bottom line is nobody knows with 100% certainty. anyone who says otherwise is just spreading propaganda for one side or the other.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts

Cheers.[/b]

Hey stoney
I think something is fucked up with our planet. I have talked to many people in my Nothern town of Wawa and NEVER has Wawa Lake been open on January 8th EVER. If some people think that is NORMAL as they are saying, I am sorry I do not think it is normal. In my lifetime I have seen the winters get shorter and shorter. I have seen the amounts of snow go down year after year. Sure there was a couple of years with not bad snow , but overall the winters are getting worse. Its like the whole planet is turning on its axis and the weather systems are moving to different locations. To all you people who think this is bull crap, good for you. No insults or rude remarks intended here. But I think things are changing and are not going to get better in the future. The movie is a very interesting one.

JMO.. Rammer

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey stoney
I think something is fucked up with our planet. I have talked to many people in my Nothern town of Wawa and NEVER has Wawa Lake been open on January 8th EVER. If some people think that is NORMAL as they are saying, I am sorry I do not think it is normal. In my lifetime I have seen the winters get shorter and shorter. I have seen the amounts of snow go down year after year. Sure there was a couple of years with not bad snow , but overall the winters are getting worse. Its like the whole planet is turning on its axis and the weather systems are moving to different locations. To all you people who think this is bull crap, good for you. No insults or rude remarks intended here. But I think things are changing and are not going to get better in the future. The movie is a very interesting one.

JMO.. Rammer
[/b]
I do also agree....we all have our opinions and there is no reson to bash another because of theirs....what ever it may be.

There are always two sides to every story and I am sure that there is another movie or article out there that will condradict what this movie is about....yes there has been warmer and shitty winters before in the past but for the winters that seem to get worse as each year goes by, as the Earth slowly goes up in temperature,population increases, polutants increase......and so.
There are too many things in this movie that just make simple sense.....wheather it be a money issue or not!

Take it for what it is worth to you.

Stoney

·
Registered
178 Posts
We've only been keeping track of the weather for what...100 years?? There was a time when dinosaur's roamed the earth, and there was a time when everything was frozen. Maybe it's global warming, but i think probably not. The world's been around for billion's of years and we've been keeping track of the weather for 100 of them...we don't have a fucking clue what's going on or what will happen, so I don't see any sense in even thinking about it because the bottom line is, NOBODY KNOWS!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I also watched the movie this past week ("An inconvenient Truth", not "The"). Al Gore was suprisingly intellegent (or so it seemed :smilielol: ).

The problem I have with this movie is that I couldn't help but feel that he's trying to regain political power, and using this as a vice. He was very one sided in his approach, and did not mention anything about conflicting evidence or theories, other than to just say there are some.

I have to say his scientific explanations make sense coming from a science background. The one graph that stuck in my head was the CO2 levels back 650,000 years. He showed how the levels now are currently twice that of any high mark for that past 650, 000 year period (300 PPM). BUT, the graph showed all the ice ages, up to 6 within that period. He didn't explain what caused them, maybe because it would take from his arguement. We all know that one ice age was caused by a huge meteor hitting the earth's surface creating large clouds of dust that blocked the sun's rays from heating the earth, blamo, bye bye dinosaurs. Not sure if the others were caused in a similar way, or maybe it was just catastrophic events on the surface, like large volcanoes, etc.

Whatever the reason is, the TRUE fact is, we are poisoning the earth with pollution. I doubt anyone here can argue that fact. I mean seriosuly, vehicles have only been on the go for 100 years, and in any abundance since the 50's. There has to be an effect by all this pollution, since the earth cannot rid these pollutants naturally, they stay within our atmosphere somewhere. Some get absorbed by water, some by plants, and some by our lungs. These filters can only last so long.

Now, my snowmobile side fails to beleive that the trend of warming is as drastic as they say. I've heard of winters in the 20's with no snow, what were the people saying then? Like mentioned above, they surely weren't pissed because they couldn't go sledding! LOL!

I do feel we are moving in the right direction. Awareness obviosuly forces compliance. All we need now is a light powerful 4 stroke, and away we go!! That is until we get nuclear sleds :drunk:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
In the 70's, enviromentalist wackos were warning that we were heading into an ice age
for all the same reasons.
Lake Superior completely froze over TWICE recently, '94 & '96. The lake RAIRLY freezes
completely over. The last time before that was '72. Weather is cyclical, it will get cold again,
hopefully sooner than later.
BTW, the polar ice caps have been melting well before man could have possibly had ANYTHING
to do with it. (Most of Canada was an iceberg).

·
Registered
555 Posts
this topic has been debated by the smartest scientists in the world, and they cannot agree on what is the cause of the earths current warming trend.[/b]

and now that the discussion has reached HCS, it can be debated by some the dumbest minds in the world.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This thread is a little bit behind all of these smart politicians (not scientists, politicians). They've moved past all of the subjects mentioned here. Infact, they discovered that they were holding these nifty graphs they've fabricated upside down. They've decided that we are actually headed into another ice age. So it's not global warming anymore, it's "Global Climate Change". God help us all! The climate is changing! NOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.