Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Old Forge. Rode two days 270 miles. The trails were pretty good but the roads were pretty thin.

Before I left, I took the sled back to the dealer for the oil pump rod update. I also added a set of V-force Reeds.

I have a standard F7, with about 850 miles, Dan's clutch kit, speedwerx intake, and now the reeds.

First the good. I made the adjustments to the shocks that Rob suggested. Loosened them up until they rattled, then tightened back down. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Now, it handles unbeliveable. I didn't do it sooner because I kind of forgot about it, but now I am glad I made the adjustments.

Now the ODD. I think people mentioned they had this problem before, but I couldn't find the old posts. My sled would always start on the second pull cold, or the first pull when warm.

Now, after the update and the reeds, it starts on the second pull cold, the first pull hot (like shut it off for less than 2 min and re-start it). But, if I stop for gas, for example, it won't start without giving it just a touch of the throttle. Now, is this because of the oil pump rod adjustment, the reeds, a combination of both? Any ideas. I think I am going to have to pull my plugs and see what they look like. It was very warm this weekend, like high's near 40°F. Maybe it is just running to rich.

Let me know what you guys think. And ROB thanks again for the suspension suggestions.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A small price to pay. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't hurting anything. In my opinion, the reeds definetly added some more "snap" to the throttle. I am going to keep this sled for quite some time. I just love it.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
mine does it too but once in a while it will start and idle really lowuntill you give it some gas. Doesnt seem like a big deal

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
REEDS! The V-force do not seal at all! Hold them up to thte light and have a look!!! Very poor my 300+HP two stoke Mercury would not run good at all if the reeds dont seal!
Skydog

·
Registered
17 Posts
Put the stock reeds back in,V -force really dont do a thing for the F-7(found this out early in the season)
and more than likely the petals will brake when your out in the boonies somewhere..

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I disagree!! 2 f7's same set up same riger weight, same about of gas, same miles 1 has reeds. side by side cruising, the sled with the reeds will pull on the other sled every time.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree GF7PE. The reeds make a difference. Coupled with the Intake and the clutch kit from Dan at the Outdoor Shop, I definetly have an advantage.

My biggest problem is the hookup. I should have went with 1.175 studs instead of the 1.075. I raced my cousin with his Standard F7, stock. We raced on a lake with a couple inches of loose snow. He killed me on the hole shot because he got better traction, (so did my brother's 01'ZRT600), but I caught them both, passed them, and despite losing the hole shot and being behind a sled length or two, beat the F7 by +2 Sleds.

Maybe I should knock my coupling blocks back down to 1 so I get less transfer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts