Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Counted 17 trucks and trailers (almost all 4 placers) this morning on my way into work. I am only on 90 for 15 minutes and there were 17 groups head up north. It was nice to see, haven't seen that yet this year. Now I sit at my desk wondering if I should be there or her.

Chopper, the jealous FIB

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Counted 17 trucks and trailers (almost all 4 placers) this morning on my way into work. I am only on 90 for 15 minutes and there were 17 groups head up north. It was nice to see, haven't seen that yet this year. Now I sit at my desk wondering if I should be there or her.

Chopper, the jealous FIB[/b]
COMING TO WISCONSIN ?? IF there coming here, not really worth it

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were FIBS, if the ground is white we think it's perfect. You have to remember who you are dealing with. Our options are limited to dirt and mud. Slush, Snirt and questionable lakes is a vast improvement.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I was coming back from Tomahawk yesterday, And was sitting at the Hw51 & Hwy L intersection for over 5 minutes watching a caravan of enclosed 4 & 6 Place trailers heading north. a couple open trailers in the mix too. But my Favorite was a guy with a 4-place, with 6 sleds on it sideways, and a ladder rack on the truck with a sled on top, and another in the bed with the shid resting on the top of the tailgate. he must have had the other sledders in different cars.

Has anyone went over to the Illinois site to see if there is any chatter about them coming up?

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
"Has anyone went over to the Illinois site to see if there is any chatter about them coming up?"

The FIB forum has nothing to offer. G2O, you've proven that in previous threads.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I was coming back from Tomahawk yesterday, And was sitting at the Hw51 & Hwy L intersection for over 5 minutes watching a caravan of enclosed 4 & 6 Place trailers heading north. a couple open trailers in the mix too. But my Favorite was a guy with a 4-place, with 6 sleds on it sideways, and a ladder rack on the truck with a sled on top, and another in the bed with the shid resting on the top of the tailgate. he must have had the other sledders in different cars.

Has anyone went over to the Illinois site to see if there is any chatter about them coming up?[/b]
on top of the ladder rack? you have got to be kidding :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
COMING TO WISCONSIN ?? IF there coming here, not really worth it[/b]
ya, well think about it, ifthe groomers list the trails as fair-good condition and nowhere else in that region has snow or has had snow in over a month, wouldn't you expect it to be a zoo in the one place that has snow

·
Registered
832 Posts
ya, well think about it, ifthe groomers list the trails as fair-good condition and nowhere else in that region has snow or has had snow in over a month, wouldn't you expect it to be a zoo in the one place that has snow[/b]
HAHAHA Fair to Good condition, Id say fair to good for nuthin but smashing parts. I realize people who have buisnesses up there rely so heavily on tourist dollars but man it pisses me off when people give out trail and snow conditions that are really untrue. They had NO SNOW until last weeks storm which left 5-6-8 inches depending on where you are. The swamps are not all frozen, lakes are marginal and yet trails are listed as fair to good??? My azzz! fair to poor with debris to be found is more real. Doubt me? Go on up and ride and see for yourself. Then after the first 20-25 miles ask yourself if it was really worth the $100's of dollars you spent in fuel just to get there and the $100's its going to cost to fix everything when your done.

mps :no_bashing:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I dont know what trails you guys were riding on, but I found great snow over by Sayner. Maybe you all need to spend more time riding in the woods and less time cruising back and forth through town. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
is it that bad, i need to see some pictures, what about this next storm comin in[/b]
i live anywhere from 3-4 hours away, my dad said its not even worth it. WE know some people who have a cottage in Land-O-Lakes, they said stay home, they seen so many people and shes getting dark on the trails, we usually go to eagle river then ride trail there and back, but they have alot of privaty property around a lake and such, so we may do that

Depending on how much snow we get, i would go if we get another 4-5 heavy wet snow, i herd earlier this week, if it hits right we could be talking feet

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
all of us that live in this state realize how poor the conditions are. but for our neighbors to the south, these are excellent conditions! so they come up here and tear everything up. bitch about how bad it was, spend $100's of dollars fixing up their busted-ass sleds, and do it all over again the next weekend!!

I am betting the current conditions up here, (poor to shit) are better than their best conditions in the middle of the season, What is their riding season down there? like 2 weeks or something?

I just saw a group of sleds riding the trail along hwy 47 in Onieda county, not for nuthin here, but they all ahd these odd yellow stickers on the windshield, what are those for? LOL :dunno:

·
Registered
802 Posts
:no_bashing: Ya know all of us that are from the south of you or "FIBS. " as you put it , are not all like that . I for one am dyin to get out and ride , have only put a few miles on the sled so far this year! I work to long and hard for what i have and am not about to drive 6hrs to ride on snirt !!!!!!!!!! And trust me i am just as hardcore as the next guy, but please refrain from rippin on some of us that have done the reaserch, spend hours upon hours sittin in front of this damn comp. at night seenin if we are gonna get some damn snow soon , so that we can ride on decent snow and spend our hard earned money !!!!!!!!!!! So please dont assume that all fibs are like that , because assumption , is the mother of all f-ups !!! .......... thank you for your time jerry . :div20:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Its the american way to pre judge people, get used to it. It would be better if you wernt a FIB.[/b]
Ya well i am not a fib by birth iam as we call it ,a cheese head by birth and grew up not to far from the location in your sig. ( New munster ) And ya i know how people can jump to conclusions sometimes !!!!!

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.