Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...i need to pull the motor from my XLT. Is it possible to get to the motor mounts without taking anything off, so that i can just pull the whole thing out??

The motor is going to my girlfriend's dad and the rest of the sled is going to someone else. And i don't have much free time between now and when i am supposed to deliver the sled...so thats why i'm lookin for a fast way. :banghead:

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
924 Posts
You have to pull the air box/carbs an remove all the hoses/wiring from the engine in order to remove the motor. You will need a short wrench to fit under the front tie rods to reach the front motor mounts but everything else is very easy to reach hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Quit asking how on here and start turning bolts if you need it done quick. It doesn't take that long. 20 to 30 minutes max.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jbshocks@Sep 10 2005, 05:38 PM
pulling a motor the right way is the only way.  Other than maybe a sawzall.  XLT is a 30 to 60 minute job.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869018
[/quote]

yup! your right! 60 minute job....lol

thanks for the help....

Erick, considering I have never done anything like this to a snowmobile before, I don't think asking questions is too far out of line. It would be better to have some hints/starting points from people who have done it before than to just start pulling shit off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts