Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snow checked an '04 F7, I had a few concerns and questions that I figured I would ask.

The Track
How come Arctic Cat put a smaller width track on the F7? Will I notice more of an unbalanced toppiy machine because of this? Will I be able to corner at same speed as I usually do?

Power
Im coming off of a 1995 Ski Doo Formula Z, I'm looking for a major power differance and I want to be able to smoke my boss's ZR 700 he keeps bragging to me about. I want alot of kick (like a mule) off the line, I love the feeling of having a sled that knocks me back when I squash it. Im looking for speeds of 110+. Is the F7 going to grant these things?

The Flaws
Will all the updates be done on the 04's, as in the oil pump problem, the melt down problem, the recoil rope thing, all that stuff?

120MPH?
What would I need to do to get a F7 to hit 120 MPH on a hard packed lake?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
coming off a 95 ski doo, everything is going to be an improvement.... you'll chew your boss up, and a whole lotta others

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Man o man, it will be like going from a Ford Festiva to a Mustang! A whole worl of difference! 120 MPH may be a hard goal! A feel mods, the PERFECT clutching and gears and 120 MPH won't be out of the question!

·
Registered
820 Posts
If you have enough room any speed can be achieved with gears! 120? Why do you want that? If you want to be thrown off when you hit the throttle, you have made the right purchase! The narrow track is fine, the diet on the track was worth it!
You better be paying attention and holding on when riding an F7, read some of the post on getting thrown, its real. I have seen it happen, just hang on and hit them square, when I get home from a hundred mile ride on the trails my hands are sore from holding on,and a little body language goes along ways!
GREAT SLED!KICK ANYONES BUTT ON THE TRAILS! :p :p :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
yeah, you definetely bought the right sled for power!! I've been bucked off, it really isn't that much fun. Best and most fun sled I"ve ever owned, that's for sure!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
MrZ, don't worry about beating anybody. They'll all be worried about you! Lots of english goes a long way on this beast. And they're not lying about your arms being beat!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:ph34r: If you like to race DO NOT BUY THE F7. None of my buds will race me anymore. Wanna quess why ?? :wub:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The track will not affect the sleds tippyness as long as the skis are on the ground. the sled sits in the shape of a triangle. The skis constitute two points and the track the other. As long as you have a decent ski stance (which the firecat does) your stability will not be affected.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Haaaaaa, finally..... No more excuses from my friends with MachZ 800CC 2001, SRX 2001, REV 800 2003,... They stopped playing with gearing, clutches, shim kits, torque arm, pins,.... they threw the towel and accepted that my F7 is THE machine to beat (at least this year) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, the $60 invested for mirrors WAS A MUST, as I always have to wait for them.

F7 for ever (until the F8, F9 F1000 is/are out on the market)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by Oh Canada@Mar 10 2003, 03:32 PM
The track will not affect the sleds tippyness as long as the skis are on the ground. the sled sits in the shape of a triangle. The skis constitute two points and the track the other. As long as you have a decent ski stance (which the firecat does) your stability will not be affected.
Then why is the Firecat more tippy than a ZR 800????

This is the general consensus between us owners. Not a hindering problem, but not something I would have expected a new chassis design to have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts