Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok get this, my dad and i pull in to some snowmobile store, theres this kick ass f6 out side, we go in and we wanted to get a part on my dads f7 looked at and the guy said ok, but come back in 5 min and my dad was like alright we will go check out the f6 out side, Then this little boy im talking little comes out and hes like thats my f6, and the other guy said yes it is we bought him an f5 but it was too slow for him so how he has an f6, and his mom was like ya we ride... Fast. My dads trying not to laugh im telling you guys this kid at the most was 12 and was like 120 lbs. Guys wtf is up with that, o get this my dad asks him how many miles he has on it and hes like i rode it today for the first time put 30 miles on it. (when he went riding he went by him self)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Thats crazy its also why you hear of all these death on snowmobiles (i personaly think its stupid to ride alone expeshally if you 12 because what if some 1 hit you and you bolth got hert what would you do??) And on an F-6?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i know man an f6!, i would be really freaking happy with a liquid 440 in f frame or event an f6, but no i guess this kid is to good for the f5. Wtf is up with people these days!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
My 11 yr old is still so excited about having a 2003 Z 440 SnoPro Fan that he cant sit straight....an F6...can you say SPOILED..And I only let mine ride without me with him when he is on the race track
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Just bought a new 2003 440 esr for my 12 yr. old and he'll be 13 next week. My 11 yr. old has a 98 340 jag deluxe..................NO WAY will either be on a F6 in the near future.....That's CRAZY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
my 13 year old has my old 2001 ZR600efi, he never rides alone and only if i`m with him, he is a very good rider and knows the potential of the machine, It`s funny every now and then I blow the carbon out of it for him...man what a dog after getting off the F7 :lol: I use to think that ZR600 was a handfull :lol: :lol: not even close to the F7!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Originally posted by SnoStalker@Feb 9 2003, 07:59 PM
ya i know man an f6!, i would be really freaking happy with a liquid 440 in f frame or event an f6, but no i guess this kid is to good for the f5. Wtf is up with people these days!
I'll tell ya something...wtf is up? It's called teaching your kids to respect the machines that they are on...some kids can handle it, some kids can't. Take my 6, yes 6 year old...this past weekend we were up sledding...he seemed to have lost interest and didn't want to go with us...then, he decided he wanted to go for a ride...then, he wanted to drive. My hubby and I were right there...and he did great. Now, do you want to know what he was riding? My hubby's zr800! And My F7. He did great. We were off on a firelane...and out on a small lake. He kicked ass...and had the best time. As far as that 12 year old goes...you never know, he could be the next Tucker. If you play it smart and show your kids the right things to do...what is the problem???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
You know what the problem is...
Judgement!
My good these kids are only 12 and 13. A sled of that calibre can bite... HARD!

Here in Saskatchewan the Gov insurance will not insure 12 ( Legal limit ) to 16 if they are on anything bigger than a 340.

My boy rides a 340 panther on the trails and it's plenty fast enough for him. Eventually i will move him up. But not until he masters all the etiquette, and makes the same mistakes I have. Ie Slide sideways ona hill, Approach a corner too fast.

I'd rather him make though mistakes at 40 mph. than at 80.

Lest we all forget the sleds w started on . IE Jag 340's, trialfires, gp's. those thing were hard pressed to do 50 on a good day!

And ask yourself. Is it worth it for your son/daughter to have the best in his class, when he collides with a tree / fence/ stump/ rock .. or another sled!

Just a thought.. After a weekend of watching 10 year olds on dads mxz with no helmets. And yes A 6 year old was hurt when big brother ( 10 ) hit the gas and the kids flew off the back!


Sorry for venting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
Shelly,

I agree, and its a combination of not only the kid's abilities, and how he is taught by the parents, but too often than not, its just like what was said earlier.

Here's the Scenario I'm talking about:

Mommy & Daddy make 250k a year each,
Daddy buys three brand new snowmobiles,
Son is 11 years old, and TELLS daddy "I WANT A NEW SLED"
Daddy buys him a F5
Daddy says "Here, ride" and never tells the kid what to do, or the downfalls of all of the "What if" scenarios.

They go out riding on the trails, then BANG, and like said earlier, its all over the papers....

THATS what I have a problem with....

Here's MY Scenario:

Girlfriends son loves snowmobiles..... I had my sled home for the weekend in the back yard. He wanted to go for a ride, so I took him out and he rode on the back..... got back to the house (on a golf course, open for snowmobiling). I asked him if he wanted to try it in the back yard (smallish), while I watched him.

After explaining the basics to him about throttle, turning, braking, etc... I let him do a few laps in the back yard.... loved it, but thats all I trust him with, BABY steps...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya but is not event that he said he was too good for an f5 so his dad got him an f6. i bet he cant push a 440z snopro to its limits never mind a f6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Originally posted by SteveCZ@Feb 10 2003, 10:53 AM
Shelly,

I agree, and its a combination of not only the kid's abilities, and how he is taught by the parents, but too often than not, its just like what was said earlier.

Here's the Scenario I'm talking about:

Mommy & Daddy make 250k a year each,
Daddy buys three brand new snowmobiles,
Son is 11 years old, and TELLS daddy "I WANT A NEW SLED"
Daddy buys him a F5
Daddy says "Here, ride" and never tells the kid what to do, or the downfalls of all of the "What if" scenarios.

They go out riding on the trails, then BANG, and like said earlier, its all over the papers....

THATS what I have a problem with....

Here's MY Scenario:

Girlfriends son loves snowmobiles..... I had my sled home for the weekend in the back yard. He wanted to go for a ride, so I took him out and he rode on the back..... got back to the house (on a golf course, open for snowmobiling). I asked him if he wanted to try it in the back yard (smallish), while I watched him.

After explaining the basics to him about throttle, turning, braking, etc... I let him do a few laps in the back yard.... loved it, but thats all I trust him with, BABY steps...
Yep...
I'm not part of the high income club, and we work hard for all that we've got. My older kids have 580 EXT's and a ski-doo 500 formula. They are learning respect for these machines as well as the higher CC's of our sleds. I would never forgive myself if they got hurt, so I try to teach them right. My 14 year old hit a jack pine last year...scared the hell out of him and me...this year his driving is changed, and he has respect for his 580. I'm thankful that he didn't get hurt. Baby Steps is the perfect way to say it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
hate to break the news to you all, but a 340 jag will go fast enough to get a kid hurt!
yes less liely than on a f-6 or so forth, but can happen
teach respect for whatever machine right from the start, when my turns 6 will he be on a f-7? NO
but probaly a 440 fan cooled!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the only step up "frame size" the 120cc kitty cat to the- norm size? This is a little chage of subject but, what if your kid is ready to move up from a 120cc but hes not big (tall, strong) for the 340 i think they should make one in the middle dont you guys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
Originally posted by SnoStalker@Feb 10 2003, 04:30 PM
Is the only step up "frame size" the 120cc kitty cat to the- norm size? This is a little chage of subject but, what if your kid is ready to move up from a 120cc but hes not big (tall, strong) for the 340 i think they should make one in the middle dont you guys?
I rode for more than one year with a hose clamp under my throttle...so will my kids. Hell, I've still got my 73 ElTigre...probably what they'll learn on. It's got a suspension crappy enough to keep them going slow! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,168 Posts
I grew up riding a 73 eltigre from the age of 8 until I bought a 1979 eltigre when I was in college. I just didn't have the cash. I think it was more dangerous for me to ride those eltigres growing up than it would be riding one of the newer sleds. JMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,032 Posts
when i was 11 years old i got and xcf 440. By the time i was 13 it had 8000 miles on it so i gave it to my sister and got a brand new xc 600. I put 10000 miles on it and sold it and now i ride a viper. I crashed my xc once and it cost like 20 dollars to fix. And experienced kid can handle these sled but i gotta tell ya if i didnt learn on my 440 i would have never been able to handle that xc not at 13.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
I'm only 14 and I'm looking for an f5 maybe and f6. I got the money now, and i didn't drain it from my parents either. I work 3 jobs, on the weekends and 6 days a week in the summer when I'm out of school. (I'm paid under the table because I work over the child labor law hours). I have the money, I see where you are comin from saying that kid is spoiled and he is to be getting it from his parents. I'm not draining my parents any for it, I'm buying something that I can call my own. I'm going to finish up this year and probably buy in june so I can put a healthy down payment on my f5 or f6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
I also learned on a 88 jag 340. I went slow on it at first, but when I figured it out, I would beat the shit out of that thing. I used to hang ass off the seat and whip the back end around corners like it was nothin. Never any accidents and that thing would do a honest 65 because I only weighed about 80 pounds. I miss her but its on to bigger and better things.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top