Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Kind'a thought Polaris would be the 1st OEM to offer it, as I think they own GEM and that electric motorcycle company (BRAMMA). But when you read what the Poo guys post (and Doo guys also) about "their company sells alot because they build what people ask for", kind'a pokes a hole in that theory cuz I'm not reading any positive feedback about anybody wanting an electric sled. But if one of the OEMs or TAIGA had a ride outing to demo an elctric sled, I would be at the front of the line, as this technology intrigues me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
?? I have is battery wights. I know the standard old tech lead acid batteries were very heavy. Let's say you took and old tech vrs a new high tech battery of same voltage and amp rateing. How much lighter is the new tech battery??? The only way I see electric sleds working at all is to drive the price of gas so high electric is only thing you can afford. Dosent have to make sense. Pricks will do it though

·
Registered
2014 Ski Doo 600 GSX SE 137"
812 Posts
I wonder how batteries would hold up in free style sled jumping and tricks like in the X games? I can't imagine batteries holding up to that kind of impact. Same with the guys jumping sleds off cliffs in the mountains or jumping them 200 feet off jumps through the air. With all the sleds that get totaled every year I wonder about cracked and broken batteries. Seems like the environmental people would be all over that. Not only do you have to have your sled pulled out but possibly pay for a hazordous spill clean up.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
And when will that happen? Cant hardly get a car in ideal temps to do that. Musk is a fraud!
Yep, He made his billions off the taxpayers through government subsidies.
🤣 Musk made millions long before he got Government subsidies.

Hey at least he gets the Plandemic and isnt a total flaming idiot liberal like most at his level.

·
Registered
45,139 Posts
Kind'a thought Polaris would be the 1st OEM to offer it, as I think they own GEM and that electric motorcycle company (forget the name). But when you read what the Poo guys post (and Doo guys also) about "their company sells alot because they build what people ask for", kind'a pokes a hole in that theory cuz I'm not reading any positive feedback about anybody wanting an electric sled. But if one of the OEMs or TAIGA had a ride outing to demo an elctric sled, I would be at the front of the line, as this technology intrigues me.
Btw, not to hijack this, but what ever happened to the polaris slingshot?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Some of us don't have electricity where we keep our sleds. That could be a problem for the switch to electric. It certainly will make some of us change our habits such as where our sleds are stored or used.

That said, I am a fan of electric in general. I can't wait for trucks to get good enough that I can tow my boat or sleds the 250 miles each way to the lake. Then again, I have no where to charge it there either. I really need 500 miles of range or a battery station somewhere that won't force me to wait an hour to re-charge.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Electric sleds are so far away for recreational use like we use them. Ski hills could work.

Our demand is too much for the tech that exists. But someday it could happen amd actually work.

I'm also a fan for electric, all my yard tools and mower are electic. But the demand I have is so much less than going snowmobiling. Just cut my grass and turn the wheels for me for an hour or so. Done. Easy.

·
Registered
45,139 Posts
I could see it happening for vehicles with tires, but a sled like watercraft uses up a lot of energy to propel itself long distances. Hard to believe it'll ever happen on that scale....at least not in my lifetime.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts