Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 609 Posts

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I get to show ya my latest snatch... 160$ for the below pic. 07 f1000 128 rails stretched to 136 .....

New hotness

Old and busted

Why I bought rails

So im mashin 98 arms on 07 128 rails:) already mocked it up and painted most of the parts ... next pic will be built s

Giggity

Reactions: p51mstg

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
nice bananas in that first pic.

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I coulda had the ol lady whip a tit out :shrug:

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welp I finished it today .... and if this isn't a indication of exactly where im goin with this slec appearance wise...... got vader?

U see I already located the bracket and drilled bolt holes made a cut line

Ear cut and bracket installed

Saddle vs/ tab

Test fit successful

All nuts/bots/cross shafts/spacers/brackes/wheels :) black

All done :)lol new hotness

Reactions: p51mstg

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Nice find. I think you rail tips are going to hit the drivers. Notice on your old skid how your front arm extends out past the tips and on the new skid they sit further back. Unless you are drilling new holes they wont.

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the reference pics.... but the bracket on the 98 skid is near 3" farther back than these. What this is allowing me to do is use the lowest mount holes in the tunnel and have roughly the same track approach angle as if it we're tucked up in the tunnel ... if my measurins right.. and so far so goos ya know. ... rail tips are set back as if I used a 121 skid setback into a 128 track. Stay tuned to see what happens when it goes in the sled :bc: trust ill have your concern in the back of my mind tho.. but fwiw ... the front scissor rests on the the bumpstop dead center when fully collapsed

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just measured. 20 3/4" from rail tip to center of 1st bolt hole to w arm mont bracket on my old rails.

New rails are 18" measured at same places :)

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Negative... working on a rider forward sterring post mod on a buddies rx-1... wont be puttin it in till later this week

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woohoo. Wife and kids to cider mill me layin in soggy cold dirt wrenchin on my pile :)

Skids in hoods cut for steering post,

Talk about killer approach angles ...... ill be enjoying its trenchlessness .. and instaplane

Only thing is when it compresses enough to set against the coupling blocks its travel stops like dead. Like I set the bumper on a stump .... so out come the blocks and see wtf I gotta do ... :) still looks bad as fuck.

Welcome to the darkside. Lol

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Motors cleaned up , dropped in, locked, plugged, plumbed and rejetted with 430's. Been a while since I pulled it over ready to run ... whooo she's got compression. Fed, bled and indexed the new oil pump.carbs are set. Never got around to the pipes but w/e ill just take em to the shop this week. :)

Almost there ..

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Care to take'r off the pallet so we can see how it sits? Looks wicked high in the ass end, but I'm sure that's a bit exaggerated.

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Once the pipes and seat get done ill be firin it up loadin the sled takin it to the shop .. have to build its tunnel ext. It will sit rather high .. but its set for about 4 to 5" of set in. Which puts the sled about dead level with me sitting in position.

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welp still ain't got the seat dealt with... buuuuuut

Its alive. The oil pump is bled and adjusted :) runs good, the crispy throttle response from the vforce reeds is noticeable right away ...... now off to the shop for the tunnel and prolly the seat job.

Hooray for the weekends

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sled is starting to come together nicely for you. But, ya gotta do something with the ski saddles !!

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sled is starting to come together nicely for you. But, ya gotta do something with the ski saddles !!
Lol yeah those usi's aren't going to see any snow this year. They've been grassed and and gravel roaded on my wildcat with no carbides. So you can imagine what the keels look like.

Stock all black skis with doolies and freshly painted saddles are waiting .... shit man I still gotta clean the a/ arms get some black shock covers etc etc. Never ends.... but I want an all black tcat ..... nightfire style.

Looking for a crossfire seat atm o_0

1 - 20 of 609 Posts