Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I’ve run his super duper kits. Not talking out my ass. Just many clueless sled owners out there whom soak up this nonsense. To even give a 600/650 running with an 800/850 a second thought is retarded.
So his 650 faster than all 800/850’s to 80mph. And I clearly remember him stating his 800/850 faster than boosted sidewinders to 80 mph.

so go out and buy a clutch kit for your patriot 650 and beat up on sidewinders in 660’ drag races 😂

Reactions: TurboJamie

·
Registered
30 Posts

Kinda fun comparison.
Or not really once in midrange. Bit curious on actual HP numbers though. I have read in several places the 650 is 132ish hp but Supertrax made a statement of 138. I believe they were referencing the Polaris 10% hp claim over their current 600. I assume it’s a matter of time before Doo comes with their own 650. The 600R is a sweet engine! Until then, looks like the 650 will dominate the “class”

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,555 Posts
So his 650 faster than all 800/850’s to 80mph. And I clearly remember him stating his 800/850 faster than boosted sidewinders to 80 mph.

so go out and buy a clutch kit for your patriot 650 and beat up on sidewinders in 660’ drag races 😂
When someone sells clutch kits on the internet their sleds never get beat.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts

He’s an idiot. I thought he threw a tantrum and said he wasn’t posting here anymore 🤣

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
216 Posts
Can't speak on the claims or to the accuracy of what he has said. I did run one of his clutch kits in my last sled and it was the best $300 I spent on that snowmobile.

·
Registered
252 Posts
just saw straightlineperformance has a single pipe and can that adds 7hp from 6900 up. no.fuel controller needed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quiet pipe would be intriguing. My 650 shifts so quick it's hard to believe theirs room for improvement and if their is it would seem to be for the ice drag with 100% hook up

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
just saw straightlineperformance has a single pipe and can that adds 7hp from 6900 up. no.fuel controller needed.
I’d let somebody or somebodies else Independant test that pipe before I even thought about it. I’m not calling bullshit. But seems as if a lot of companies are selling products that drastically fall short of claims. Or have hidden demons such as det. when run on the trail and not just a 5-7 second dyno pull.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
I’d let somebody or somebodies else Independant test that pipe before I even thought about it. I’m not calling bullshit. But seems as if a lot of companies are selling products that drastically fall short of claims. Or have hidden demons such as det. when run on the trail and not just a 5-7 second dyno pull.
Well, I would appreciate the smaller size muffler to allow better access to the chaincase area. BUT, with a 4 year warranty, you tend to be cautious.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I like the sound of that pipe, but like mentioned, if it actually deliveries and does not cause problems is another story.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Well, I would appreciate the smaller size muffler to allow better access to the chaincase area. BUT, with a 4 year warranty, you tend to be cautious.
Agreed. These mufflers suck size wise

Reactions: Major664

·
Vendor
10,304 Posts
funny the pro xc races are now going to be using our clutching next season. we must be doing something right? not according to the bullshit spreaders here. cat's been kicking the shit out of Polaris this season. and the race dept. can't get the 600 to go? probably saw the results at RMR xc where our clutched sled had 3 first, 2 seconds, and a third last year. year before he never made the podium. more and more the pro's turning to us for help. again you don't go head to head with speed works, D&D, and hot to go, not having something that works. we also put a sled on the podium at back lake. 800 stock with a rookie driver. again against some of the best drag races out there. not some po dunk lake race in Canada with no tech. yeah o.k. will take that as gospel.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
funny the pro xc races are now going to be using our clutching next season. we must be doing something right? not according to the bullshit spreaders here. cat's been kicking the shit out of Polaris this season. and the race dept. can't get the 600 to go? probably saw the results at RMR xc where our clutched sled had 3 first, 2 seconds, and a third last year. year before he never made the podium. more and more the pro's turning to us for help. again you don't go head to head with speed works, D&D, and hot to go, not having something that works. we also put a sled on the podium at back lake. 800 stock with a rookie driver. again against some of the best drag races out there. not some po dunk lake race in Canada with no tech. yeah o.k. will take that as gospel.
You sure told us! Whenever your ready bring some of the worlds fastest sleds to Canada and we'll see how well they work...

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
IMO there is NO magic spring, helix combo that will make a sled go from a turd to a stud....most of the clutch "kits" I have personally tested were snake oil...sure some backshifted quicker..and may made sled "feel" quicker....but in this day and age....anyone selling me a clutch kit needs to invest in a draggy. Show me back to back, same day, same sled, same condition improvements over stock. Draggy are not that expensive and would be the easiest way to show actual gains.....wonder why none do it??

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,555 Posts
Again boy’s if Rick puts it on the internet it must be true! How else is he going to sell clutch kits. After all none of the cross country teams know how to clutch their sleds????

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
rynex, a couple of years ago, an Iron Dog Polaris team used Rick's kit and set the fastest times during some of the race legs. HCS'ers found proof of Rick's involvement.

FWIW, if you've ever seen sleds with Rick's tunings run at the Epping drag races, an event attended by over 40,000 people, you know his claims are accurate. His name might not be a household term in Canada, but he's well-known in Maine and New Hampshire. Full disclosure: I do NOT have one of Rick's clutch kits on my IQR600, so I have nothing to gain by siding with him.

Jamie, instead of asking him to meet you in Canada, why don't you travel a bit, too? How about meeting him in Maine? Based on the absolute beating his '19 Assault 800 dishes out to bigger sleds, put me down for $100 on Rick.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I’ll have a 2021 and a 2022 for next season. I also have a gps system that measures 60’ 330’, 660, 1000’, 1320’ speeds and et. I gladly buy anyone’s kit and test it instantly back to back by simply swapping primary and secondary clutches and record results. IF the company offers a money back guarantee if no recordable/repeatable gains appear.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I’ll have a 2021 and a 2022 for next season. I also have a gps system that measures 60’ 330’, 660, 1000’, 1320’ speeds and et. I gladly buy anyone’s kit and test it instantly back to back by simply swapping primary and secondary clutches and record results. IF the company offers a money back guarantee if no recordable/repeatable gains appear.
I’ve said this for years! None of them except goodwin have ever provided the et and mph data from testing. We hear Rick talk about timers all the time ever see the numbers? Rick had his chance in 18 with me to refund his useless clutch kit for my assault that wasn’t any faster than stock if not slower in et. His arrogance and refusal to admit it was junk along with the constant claims of his 6xx beating 8xx sleds are the reasons why he has zero credibility with me. I test all season against a mule and gps to ensure I post accurate info for everyone.

@caddisfly I could care a less about going to a drag race at all, and why should I go to him? His product didn’t work where I ride that’s on him to come prove otherwise. Same old snake oil just a different salesman. I’ve been ar forums over 20 years and seen all kinds of claims and flavors of the week. Believe me there is nothing special about his stuff. If you think a clutch kit is the reason a guy is faster than another racing xc then the factory would have the completely useless. I’m sorry Polaris has the best clutching in the business and I simply know better than that foolishness.

·
Vendor
10,304 Posts
I’ve said this for years! None of them except goodwin have ever provided the et and mph data from testing. We hear Rick talk about timers all the time ever see the numbers? Rick had his chance in 18 with me to refund his useless clutch kit for my assault that wasn’t any faster than stock if not slower in et. His arrogance and refusal to admit it was junk along with the constant claims of his 6xx beating 8xx sleds are the reasons why he has zero credibility with me. I test all season against a mule and gps to ensure I post accurate info for everyone.

@caddisfly I could care a less about going to a drag race at all, and why should I go to him? His product didn’t work where I ride that’s on him to come prove otherwise. Same old snake oil just a different salesman. I’ve been ar forums over 20 years and seen all kinds of claims and flavors of the week. Believe me there is nothing special about his stuff. If you think a clutch kit is the reason a guy is faster than another racing xc then the factory would have the completely useless. I’m sorry Polaris has the best clutching in the business and I simply know better than that foolishness.
number one mouth runner. you never contacted us about getting your money back. not once. so who's the bullshit spreader now? it's well know your a pos. claiming one thing and doing another. you claimed your 2017 kicked the shit out of a doo 800. then two weeks later you said the sled was a pos and sold it a purchased a doo? the biggest iron dog race team at the time team #16 minnick and olstead tested about twenty clutch kits. these guys won this race 5 times. every bodys including goodwins. and picked ours. they were sick of Polaris race dept. not being able to set these up for success. they set a record that has not been beat to NOME the 1/2 point. were clocked on radar @ 105 on a loaded down 600 trail sled. public knowledge look it up. they crashed 50 miles out of NOME in a blizzard. were in first place at the time. they still got third. matter of fact every Polaris iron dog and cains quest sled that ran our clutching and other stuff. finished these races. not one DNF. so go pund sand they buddy. again don't spread lies here. you keep doing this i will sue you. AGIAN NOT ONCE DID YOU CONTACT US ABOUT A ISSUE OR WANTING YOUR MONEY BACK. NOT ONCE.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts