Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the season started off slow for just about everyone and covid has a lot of things on hold or back ordered. But has anyone heard of anything about the aftermarket planning on rolling out any kind of bolt on go fast parts for the 650. Such as a pipe and so forth. I know there has been mild talk of clutch kits, but that's all I have heard of so far. Just wanted to start a discussion and see if anyone had heard anything else.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,555 Posts
I know the season started off slow for just about everyone and covid has a lot of things on hold or back ordered. But has anyone heard of anything about the aftermarket planning on rolling out any kind of bolt on go fast parts for the 650. Such as a pipe and so forth. I know there has been mild talk of clutch kits, but that's all I have heard of so far. Just wanted to start a discussion and see if anyone had heard anything else.
A good set of adjustable weights and maybe a spring change here and there is probably going to be your best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
2,857 Posts
I'd agree with this. Its like being back in the late 90's with the domestic 600 and 700 big block engines. The engines are basically identical. Why buy the smaller engine and spend a bunch of $$ trying to make it faster. The only issue I could see is if you have and insurance carrier that soaks you for anything but a "small" sled. If that was the case, buy something used for 30% the price of a new one and mod it to your heart's content.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you guys. But it was just a conversation starter. I am definitely interested in clutching for next year.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nothing wrong with clutching a machine you already have. They are clutched relatively soft from the factory. You'll get a nice bump in snappy performance from 0-80 with good performance clutching.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cheapest and easiest mod you can do is stud your track. No spin just straight pull. All the power to the trail.

·
Vendor
10,304 Posts
nothing like beating all the 800's and 850's at a radar run with a 650. turned a lot of heads. and sold a lot of sleds for Polaris. granted the two will go by in a longer run. this is the Polaris version of F-7. the 650 is better on fuel and way better running motor. no fade rpm drop etc. so for many this will be there motor of choice. i have both. and up to 80-90 mph you can't tell it's a 650. yes clutching has already made a huge difference in mine. i like it so much a bought another one.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
nothing like beating all the 800's and 850's at a radar run with a 650. turned a lot of heads. and sold a lot of sleds for Polaris. granted the two will go by in a longer run. this is the Polaris version of F-7. the 650 is better on fuel and way better running motor. no fade rpm drop etc. so for many this will be there motor of choice. i have both. and up to 80-90 mph you can't tell it's a 650. yes clutching has already made a huge difference in mine. i like it so much a bought another one.
Yeah I am sure until 80 mph the extra 40 hp is doing nothing on the 850 :D These posts honestly make me laugh and show just how shit some peoples credibility is. I'll lineup any day anywhere anytime with a 650 and it will be over by the time my 850 is at full throttle 😂😂😂 I have raced two 650's this winter and by 500' its so far behind you can barely tell what brand of sled it is. Of course I am sure your clutching makes up for all that hp deficiency.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice! Sounds like an overachiever. Had a Gen 2 6 and the carbed 600 HO, so I’m familiar with beating larger cc sleds. Now how would you compare it to a 660? I’m not sure if you had much seat time on them but I would think they’re similar in performance.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
I still have my 2000 VES660, Carls Cycle topend. Have not rode it since 2008. Had 2 Fuse6 Ho's. The Fuse is no match for the 650, except for maybe a mph or 2 on top. The 660 in that Gen 2 chassis will defiantly topend the Matryx 650, drag race goes to whichever is getting traction. IMO

·
Registered
30 Posts
I still have my 2000 VES660, Carls Cycle topend. Have not rode it since 2008. Had 2 Fuse6 Ho's. The Fuse is no match for the 650, except for maybe a mph or 2 on top. The 660 in that Gen 2 chassis will defiantly topend the Matryx 650, drag race goes to whichever is getting traction. IMO
I also have a Carl’s 660 that goes really well. I agree, a stock HO wouldn’t do well against the 650.

·
Vendor
10,304 Posts
Yeah I am sure until 80 mph the extra 40 hp is doing nothing on the 850 :D These posts honestly make me laugh and show just how shit some peoples credibility is. I'll lineup any day anywhere anytime with a 650 and it will be over by the time my 850 is at full throttle 😂😂😂 I have raced two 650's this winter and by 500' its so far behind you can barely tell what brand of sled it is. Of course I am sure your clutching makes up for all that hp deficiency.
funny the 650 has won twice now. 500' it wasn't close. snow drags. radar run tied one 850 the doo dealer down the street from me had. xrs 850 with clutching etc. laflame racing kit in it? beat every other 800/850 there 660' and your the biggest pos on this site, so no surprise

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Rick just states what he has experienced and seen. Load your sled up and show up and prove different. I think Rick has sold enough clutch kits off this forum, that if he was that far off from reality... wouldn’t we all know it by now on this forum? I’m sure the moderators are in on it with Rick and removed all of the negative post about him?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Rick just states what he has experienced and seen. Load your sled up and show up and prove different. I think Rick has sold enough clutch kits off this forum, that if he was that far off from reality... wouldn’t we all know it by now on this forum? I’m sure the moderators are in on it with Rick and removed all of the negative post about him?
I’ve run his super duper kits. Not talking out my ass. Just many clueless sled owners out there whom soak up this nonsense. To even give a 600/650 running with an 800/850 a second thought is retarded.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts