Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, have any of you shaved down the head on your 900s? I was thinking of shaving 0.010 off and hoping to still be able to run 89 octane fuel. Is this impossible? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i would say run 93oct u should be allright. cc your head and figure out what the comp ratio is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! would you happen to know what kind of compression ratio I can handle with 89 octane? how about 93 octane? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
well i was told by the guy that did the heads on all my 700s that 13:1 was the limit for 93 oct on usally a well designed head. usally we ran them at around 12:85 but every motor is different. nobody really nows that much about the 900 head but i hear it is a prety piss poor design. and personally i wouldnt reccommend 89 oct premium only for me.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I dont know if poo changed there head design from last year 05 or not,but we took .010 off my head last year and i ran it on reg. or 87 all year w/no problems.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by mnmsnowbeast@Oct 9 2005, 05:09 PM
I dont know if poo changed there head design from last year 05 or not,but we took .010 off my head last year and i ran it on reg. or 87 all year w/no problems.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918190
[/quote]
did taking off ten thousanth do any thing for power? thats not really that much to take off?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i'm running an 05 and i've been told that polaris usually leave a real big squish zone and i was told that 0.010 was definately safe.

so you had no trouble doing it to your sled? any noticable changes in performance? is your sled stock beside that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts