Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
‘20 XRS 900 Turbo ‘22 ThunderCat EPS
174 Posts
Trails were fantastic in Redfield yesterday (Wednesday). We Parked and rode from Tug Hill Resort. Awesome day! View attachment 2127394

Very Nice !! Glad you were able to get out. We’re headed out this morning from Williamstown. 👍🏼 They were supposed to go out and hit the trails again last night to get the base packed. 🤙🏼

·
Registered
2021 Indy Adventure 850 137"
90 Posts
Very Nice !! Glad you were able to get out. We’re headed out this morning from Williamstown. 👍🏼 They were supposed to go out and hit the trails again last night to get the base packed. 🤙🏼
Yeah, yesterday was my birthday and my wife said do whatever you like. Ok lol. 2 1/2 hr drive but worth it. Not sure about Williamstown area but did hear it was good to the south of Redfield and by Osceola, and not as good further north.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I also made a 2 1/2 hr drive (5hr round) to ride 6 hr and 115 miles and was glad I did. Rode from Camden to Montague and back. For the volume of sleds that were out it was pretty good. Felt the trails above Redfield were the best. Depends what time you were on them. After 1:00 they were all getting beat up. I was impressed with all trails being open and having been maintained at least once or twice.

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
451 Posts
Did you finally get your machine?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Wow that looks pretty sweet to me.
yes, that is rowsam rd. did that twice. we had good snow aside from probably lorraine to bc. bc south got better by the minute. 850 was roaring . got 250 miles on it and it is running strong. more to come i'm sure. different power than the 800

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
276 Posts
Parked at Barrow's today, traffic in the morning was light. By 2 pm the sled traffic had picked up considerably and it was also above freezing so conditions began to get pretty whooped up. Did 120 miles and was definitely worth the effort.
Sky Plant Cloud Snow Natural landscape

Sky Snow Branch Tree Natural landscape

Snowmobile Snow Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did you finally get your machine?
Hey acpantera, No, not yet.. delivery got pushed to a date between Jan20 - 28th. Oh well. I was able to get out and put on 125 miles yesterday with my ‘20 900T. Oh well. Good things come to those who wait. 😁 Hopefully winter runs through till March 31st. 🙏🏼

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I read earlier that the trail known as Milk House Road between Turin and The Drive in Theater has been closed Permanently... Sounds like a landowner is not happy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I read earlier that the trail known as Milk House Road between Turin and The Drive in Theater has been closed Permanently... Sounds like a landowner is not happy!

It's not closed by the Landowner, TRR hasn't opened it due low snow......... and with that said TRR can't stop Stupid from going past CLOSED SIGNS!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Not permanently closed but I guess somewhere along that trail you need to pass some winter wheat so the landowner wants to wait for an adequate base before opening that route. Unfortunately, some snowmobilers are too stupid to check the NYSSA web map or read a closed sign.

Too bad NYS couldn't buy some right of ways to keep key trails open.

Reactions: Lid2

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
451 Posts
Not permanently closed but I guess somewhere along that trail you need to pass some winter wheat so the landowner wants to wait for an adequate base before opening that route. Unfortunately, some snowmobilers are too stupid to check the NYSSA web map or read a closed sign.

Too bad NYS couldn't buy some right of ways to keep key trails open.
Thought you were planning on a hill run this weekend? or just waiting for Izzy?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Thought you were planning on a hill run this weekend? or just waiting for Izzy?
I did. I left Friday morning from my buddy's camp in Montague and we did a counter clockwise Tug loop heading South down Salmon River Road by Redfield than to the Hayloft for lunch and to sign a few autographs. Then headed further East getting some fuel at the C'ville Convenience Store, then North ending up at the Highmarket Inn for a warm-up and eventually back to the Montague Tavern for some dinner, and then a short ride back to camp for drinks, bench racing, and sleep.

Overall, Saturday's trails (that we rode) were an 8 out of 10; some 10s and just a FEW 6s. My sled was spotless with no brown slop on it.

At sunrise Saturday, that thermometer at camp said -30° F. The 900T and the 2 600 ETECs started right up. The 2 800 ETECs needed a jump from our battery pack. We had planned a short ride for just Saturday morning. But this was even shorter than expected as my 600 ETEC was over heating, I think there was an air bubble in the cooling system which I think I resolved with a system burping at home. And one 800 ETEC just died and had to be towed back to camp. It turns over just fine and suspect ice in the fuel system.

On Rector Road / Yamaha corner, at the Montague town line, I came across this early Saturday morning and stopped to look for an ejected body.
Snow Plant Natural landscape Slope Twig

Tire Plant Wheel Snow Automotive tire

We didn't see anyone. Later rumor was that this Kitty belonged to some lady who likes her drinks a little too much and got away with just a totaled sled and a concussion. Hopefully, she and others learn a lesson from this one ..... throttle and bottle don't mix.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts