Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post the regional specific trail conditions, status, changes, closures, etc. here.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Barnes Corners Sno Pals just announced that trail conditions are poor (downed trees, rocks, water holes, etc.) and more trail work and more snow is needed before they can groom.

·
Registered
2021 SB Assault 850
1,189 Posts
I wonder if we can get a moderator to put the 4 up regionals you created up top as a sticky?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gate behind Tuggers, in Barnes Corners, for Doug's Drive has been closed at the land owner's request. In no time, a bunch of impatient sledders, reduced 4" of fluff into nothing but mud. That trail will now have to start over again from scratch.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
277 Posts
:mad:

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
453 Posts
There was two sleds parked at Christy's motel this morning in oldforge, couldn't be more than 5" on the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
The gate behind Tuggers, in Barnes Corners, for Doug's Drive has been closed at the land owner's request. In no time, a bunch of impatient sledders, reduced 4" of fluff into nothing but mud. That trail will now have to start over again from scratch.
Could be for the better in the long haul. Snow would have insulated things. Now exposed, will freeze up harder then a wedding night prick lol. But yes, I understand your point.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The Barnes Corners Sno-Pals announced yesterday on their Facebook Page that the trail behind Tuggers in CLOSED at the land owner request (it's all mud). The NYSSA interactive web map shows the Barnes Corners Sno-Pals trails as unreported. And this was the Barnes Corners parking lot this morning:
Sky Snow Vehicle Slope Tree

You can't fix stupid!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
277 Posts
at a loss for words

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
me n the ole lady laughing at them headed east on the thruway and north on 81 last night towing trailers @ 40mph in shitty driving conditions to get to no trail conditions/closed trails lol
the vid thing has certainly made it clear how fucking stupid too many of the population really are...and the idiots in the BC lot are there for reinforcement!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
The Barnes Corners Sno-Pals announced yesterday on their Facebook Page that the trail behind Tuggers in CLOSED at the land owner request (it's all mud). The NYSSA interactive web map shows the Barnes Corners Sno-Pals trails as unreported. And this was the Barnes Corners parking lot this morning:
View attachment 2127082

You can't fix stupid!

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,844 Posts
View attachment 2127082

You can't fix stupid!
Friday morning while sitting in a Covid drive through testing line I was checking the Barnes corners web cam and trailers were starting to pull in there at 6:30am and 24 hrs later people are still trailering there to ride, can’t these people see that there isn’t near enough snow to ride?

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
I don't get it either rynex, not this "early". Now if a few weeks go by and we are still sitting on marginal conditions, I may be one of those trucks in the web cam lol. I just have a bad feeling that we will be, that this season will be just like 11/12...basically a snowless winter.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
This is one of the major reasons we decided to quit snowmobiling and sell our camp...
I don't have a camp (wish I did), but the last few years I have been saying that I want out. Mostly due to lack of snow. But 2nd reason is loss of trails for whatever the reason, doesn't reallymatter why. With all that being said I keep on buying new sleds....

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,844 Posts
I don't get it either rynex, not this "early". Now if a few weeks go by and we are still sitting on marginal conditions, I may be one of those trucks in the web cam lol. I just have a bad feeling that we will be, that this season will be just like 11/12...basically a snowless winter.
Now if I was was going to pull my sleds 2 hrs each way without knowing the conditions of where I intended to ride would be totally irresponsible of me. What can these people be expecting? Is anyone giving them bad info? Or are they just complete idiots? My wife is on Facebook and most people are saying that the trails are trashed, but there are a few saying that the trails are decent for the most part…. WTF… Tug has about 5” of fluff on average how good can it be?

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
761 Posts
Are they riders or are they “riders”? I ride. A good day to me is putting on 150 miles and never setting foot indoors. I don’t ride to the bar, park and drink all day. That seems like the only thing that can be done on Tug Hill right now.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It still BLOWS my mind that people can't check the online snow depth charts and various other internet websites before heading out.

I have learned that WAITING a little for the base to build up and the water holes to freeze pays off big time, and I end up getting in more miles per season than most of those who rode yesterday. And my equipment fares a lot better too.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts