Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The world's toughest longest Snowmobile race, I give you the 2020 Iron Dog. :bc:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
What a cool race. Its like the baja 1k for snowmobiles. Much better than some lame spectator sport such as sno x

Why

Because Polaris is getting its ass handed to it in Sno X

:snack:

Reactions: mnstang

·
Registered
614 Posts
nah, because watching sleds go round and round on a man made course for a few laps is boring to me, always has been. Not taking anything away from the guys that do it, I know I couldn't but its just not my thing. Now if they ran the track for 100 + plus miles or maybe even 50 then id maybe find it more to my likings

Why

Because Polaris is getting its ass handed to it in Sno X

:snack:

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winning 2 years in a row seems impossible let alone 3. So much can go wrong in this race. But I can’t wait it’s a lot of fun following along this race
By far my favorite race of the year. I missed out on the Soo this year due to the Snowmobile Clubs of Dane County put on an Easter Seals event.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Good Point

NASCAR same concept

Watching the Xfinity Series at Road America for years in person really changes the perspective on going round and round versus running a road course

Reactions: dskofich

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
nah, because watching sleds go round and round on a man made course for a few laps is boring to me, always has been. Not taking anything away from the guys that do it, I know I couldn't but its just not my thing. Now if they ran the track for 100 + plus miles or maybe even 50 then id maybe find it more to my likings
The original ISOC, in the 90's was spectacular, back when they used the full track and ran 100 miles. Everyone thought WSA was a joke and would never survive. Hell, one year ISOC was going to use the Snow Cross track for the Kitty Kat races. :bc2:

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There should be a few dirt spots Cat could win on but they don't seem too good on snow.
The dirt sure did not help much in the Soo for Cat. :c-n:

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
614 Posts
A lot of that Cat racing heritage people talk about comes from Races like this, the Soo and the 1-500 xc races.

Cat historically has done very well at these races...just not as well as polaris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I enjoy keeping tabs on this just because it's so unique. The outcome isn't so important to me as a follower it's more the weird stuff they have to endure. Over the years this race has given the racers every obstacle imaginable including no snow, freezing temperatures, open water, too much snow and on and on. This or Cain's Quest are the most difficult to just finish. Just as yearly sales go to Poo and Doo the same is true for entries in these races. Let the toughest and best prepared team win.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I mean Polaris just showed the world they were the fastest sleds in an oval on dirt this past weekend .. might as well show they are the fastest through the dirt across the tundra too.
:thumbsup: don't forget, this is the Clutch Kit World Championship

Personally I find it boring as hell. If it wasn't for C2C and his posts I wouldn't even know if it was still in existence.
just trying to draw attention away from Cat's latest ass whupping. ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good work Badger on this announcement last years 2019 Podium Finishes were
1st Place Morgan/ Olds on the Polaris indy 600 XC 137

2nd Place Adam Drinkhouse/ Brad George aboard the Ski Doo 600 XRS 600

3rd Place Boylan/Leslie aboard the Polaris Indy XC 600

Iron Dog mileage route in the past has been 2,000 miles this years 2020 race is
2,409 a great test for man and machine. More info here; https://www.facebook.com/snowmobilerace/photos/pb.169447809085.-2207520000../10157311333544086/?type=3&theater and irondog.org Many different teams this year as well as the
longer and different route which makes for an exciting race.,..

1 - 20 of 173 Posts