Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to thank you rob for the tip on adding de-icer in the morning-with my previous sleds i always added it with the last fill-up of the day and this always seemed to work good-this week in st. michelle de saints on tues. morning after about a 5 min. warm up my fuel pump started to whine-i pulled the smart valve and sure enough it was iced up and sucked shut-de-iced it with some iso. and it was good for the rest of the day-next morning i put iso. in before starting and let it set about 5 min.-no whine and no problems-old habits die hard but now its a dose if iso every morning-thanks again-keep up the good work

·
Registered
747 Posts
es414, I just got back from riding, and I had to tow my buddy with his ZL600efi. It would run, but only for about 50 ft. at a time and then quit. The fuel pump was whining very loud in the tank. My 800efi was starting to whine also before we got back. What did you do to clear the smart valves up? I'm from upstate NY and it was below 0 all day today. Going back to St.Michelle Tues. for 4 days, so have to get the sleds running right again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
favarcat,i did not have a piece of wire with me so i had to reach into the tank and pull out the smart valve,burrrrr-it was -20f-the screen was covered with ice so i poured some iso.over it to melt it-it was sucked shut-when the ice melted it released-it is the updated valve so i guess that the vent hole in the white disc did its job-the smatr valve also did its job by keeping the ice out of the fuel system-i will now carry a piece of coat hanger with me to fish the line out of the tank if it happens again-did not have any more trouble as i stated by adding iso. before the morning start up-however i did have to pull about 10 times to start each morning-with the temps this cold it would not turn over fast enough to charge the fuel rail-it might help to pull the plugs to turn it a few times faster so the pump can operate-had to do this to start my t-cat when it was this cold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts