Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob,
Just thanking you for the rear suspension setup. Moved the straps to the middle hole and took the blocks out and now the lifting of the ski is pretty much gone. It really goes around the corners now. Thanks again for the help and thank you very much for putting your site and this info board together, it is great. So far anytime I talk to anyone they all say "every been to hardcoresledder.com, it is a great site for the firecats and snowmobiling in general".

Thanks Again,
Mike

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I also would like to extend my thanks to you for the setup info ...was up in the up this weekend and tried out your setup...works great...corners alot better :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Rob, just wanted to thank you for the great set up,it really works good. I put on 170 miles on sunday and the sled handled superb.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
best forum website yet. More "real" info less BS.
"Oh my yamaha rx1 is so fast it will break the plastic when i lift it, and that f7 has so many recalls."

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
have a question for you Rob, took a look at my sno-pro tonight, is there a chance that if the transfer blocks are removed, that the part that hits those blocks could go all the way back and hit the idlers? also, is there more track spin after putting the limiter in the middle hole, and is there more wear on any parts??

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat_freak@Jan 13 2003, 11:05 PM
have a question for you Rob, took a look at my sno-pro tonight, is there a chance that if the transfer blocks are removed, that the part that hits those blocks could go all the way back and hit the idlers? also, is there more track spin after putting the limiter in the middle hole, and is there more wear on any parts??

thanks
I don't think it would be possible to have any sort of interference with the coupling blocks removed.. they didn't do that much on the first position. I've got over 600 miles on now with the coupling blocks out and no problems, I love it. Also, I didn't notice any more track spin at all with the limiter straps in the middle hole, and I wouldn't anticipate any more wear either. If it warms up a little tomorrow (-6F here now), I'll get some pictures of my suspension with 2288 miles on it. Everything looks like new.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone tried Rob's suspension setup on a standard F7 yet ?? I'm wondering because it seems like most people have Sno-pro models that are taking Rob's advice and loosening up their front skid shocks as well as the front ski shock springs. If anyone has tried this on their standard F7 yet , what kind of changes are you experiencing ? Is the sled bottoming out easier ? And how does the steering feel ? I would like to know because I'm going riding this weekend and would like to make some adjustments before I go so it will be in the ballpark of where it handles and rides the best. ~ Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
132 Posts
tried strap in middle and blocks on 3(most coupling) front in dives and doesn't bite in corners , go figure.. took those blocks out and the fun came back with better cornering than stock. thanks I would have never tried that setup..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Started riding my F5 Sno Pro beginning of Dec. Was no too happy about handling. Had no info about Firecat settings. Have been riding Poos and Doos and Yammies and I have quite a lot of experience how to set suspension. Then came Rob with his advice. Must say that what he said was pretty much what I was thinking. Front skid shock spring etc... Now I have done abt 600 troublefree mls, tried many settings and everything is working just great. I have ACT parabolic skies - they work very well too. I still have my coupler blocks in 3. Will try without. This sledge is now absolutely a dream. I was out yesterday; top speed roud 100 mls/h. Most of my ride was real off-road with hard ditch banging etc.. My riding buddy has a Viper - I tested it- wanted my F5 back asap. Last winter I still thought Viper is my future sledge - not any more. BTW visited some XR-1 forums. Everybody is saying how good the "ton" is but you can read between the lines that people who bought them are no so sure if they did the right thing. Tried one before Christmas - again, very happy to own a super handling F5.

Thanks Rob.
Firecat for ever !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts