Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Terry,

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and I thought I'd let you know how the drags went. We took 3 firsts and 2 seconds at the drag races in the non traction classes at Devils Lake this past weekend. It was all about getting out of the whole first. If it wasn't for a couple of bad starts in the finals, I could of had 5 first places, but oh well that's racin. It sure was a lot more competitive in the traction classes though. I'm glad they had the non traction classes for us rookies!

Well, I better get going. We're leaving for Cooke City, MT, this afternoon!!

Thanks again,

Chris

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Be very careful in Cooke City!! Avalanche danger is very high. If your not taking the right equipment, shovels, Beacons and Probes make sure you rent them there. Also all the equipment in the world can't take the place of some common sense. At least 1 more was killed in Montana this weekend. I was at Togwotee last week when a very experianced sledder lost his life on a hill we climb on all the time and were heading down to.

Always remember.

No more than 1 rider on the hill at a time and no more under any circumstances. Do not go and help your buddy get un-stuck on the hill. If they get stuck they can get themselves out. This is one of the most common reasons sledders get caught and buried.

Always carry the right equipment. BEACONS, SHOVELS AND PROBES WITH EVERY RIDER!!!

If in doubt, stay off the hill.

Always watch where you park. 2 sledders this year have been killed by parking or stopping in the wrong area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts