Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im seeing a lot of firecat owners and cat owners in general are having trouble with servomotor asemblies across a few boards so heres what ive learned so far from disassembling my own..... wiring goes like this ....red with black stripe is 12volts dc for opening the valves...black with red stripe is 12volts dc when closing the vales ( the cpu reverses current flow ) the next three wires go to a potentiometer inside the servo assy to let the cpu know the servo is actually moving...orange wire to #1 on the pot...yellow wire to #2 on the pot and black with white stripe to #3 on the pot

a simple test of the pot to prove its bad ( and usually the cause of failure in the servo assy ) unplug the harness to the servo assy and put your ohmeter across the orange and yellow wires...disconnect the cables to the valves... with the ohmeter attached turn the servo end shaft clockwise and watch the meter...this is a 5000 ohm pot so you should be able to see it start at 0 ohms and go all the way up to 5000 ohms before it goes open ( meaning full swing of the pot ) if its open anywhere in between the pot is bad...this pot is a specially made for this unit and not available unless you want to buy 20 of them direct from japan special order...i do have a part number and the info needed to obtain them but im not gonna buy 20 of them to fix the one bad servo i have...oh and you can test the motor itself by putting 12vdc to the red with black/ black with red in either direction to check motor operation...do not put 12volts to the pot wiring...steve :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts