Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 ZR 600 EFI that don't run right when it comes up to temp.
I've been told the problem is with the stator. Is there a way to test it to make sure that is the problem.

Also what is the best fix? New is around $500 but Custom Rewind in Alabama can rebuild it much cheaper. Is a rebuild going to last?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I don't know anything about Cats. But I do know about the electronics in most things. That stator problem can be a real pain in the A$$. You need your manual to see what the ohm readings should be at room temp. Then if you have it pulled you can try to heat it up with a heat gun (don't melt any parts or kill the varnish or it will short out). It might be enough to bench test it. Or, if you can get to the the leads while it's in the sled this will work. Take the reading at room temp, then run the sled untill it is starting to misfire. Then kill the sled and take the readings right away and see if they are the same or very different. If your friend or dealer has a known good one see if you can try it out. Electronics are a tough one to T-shoot sometimes. Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts