Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THREE OF US RIDE TOGETHER, SO WE ALL BOUGHT F7S,
THE GREEN ONE, NOT A PROBLEM BESIDES A FEW LOOSE BOLTS, BUT VERY MINOR, WELL OVER 1000 MILES
THE RED ONE, 1.2 MILES SEIZED ON THE MAG SIDE, ALSO LOOSE BOLTS , AND MINOR THINGS , ABOUT 1000 MILES CHECKED CYLINDER WALLS, SCORED UP AGAIN, NOT GOOD , ALSO NOT RUNNING RIGHT, HAS SLIGHT MISS UNDER EASY LOAD.
THE BLACK ONE, NOTICED IT BURNING MORE OIL THAN THE OTHER TWO, 392 MILES , MAJOR SEIZE, PTO SIDE MAJOR MELT DOWN, MAG SIDE SCUFFED HARD. REBUILD HAS 350 MILES ON IT, CHECKED CYLINDER WALLS ,, DOESNT LOOK GOOD, PEELING , THE PLUGS ARE SO COKED THAT YOU CANT TURN THEM BY HAND AFTER LOOSENING, ALSO HAS SLIGHT MISS UNDER EASY LOAD.
WE ALL RUN THE SAME GAS, AND ALL ON THE ETHANOL SETTING SO WHATS UP!!!!!!!!!!
THERE ARE A COUPLE THOUSAND SLEDS BETWEEN THEM IN THE VIN #S
FIRST IT WAS THE SMART VALVES, THEN MAYBE AIR BUBBLES IN THE COOLANT, NOW THEY SAY THE OIL PUMPS, I DONT BUY IT! OR IS IT ALL OF THOSE PROBLEMS
WE HAVE BEEN THE BEST TEST PILOTS YET, WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT SLEDS, SO HERE IS YOUR DATA, NOW WE NEED A FIX, ECUs MAYBE,,WHY ELSE WOULD THEY ALL BE DIFFERENT! VERY DISSAPOINTED! LOTS OF CASH! PROBABLY SPENT CLOSE TOO 32,OOO

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
wow i hope everything works out in the end for you . HEY ARCTIC CAT ARE YOU LISTENING !! I WAS THINKING OF BUYING A F7 MYSELF NOW I DON,T KNOW ???

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by thunderbird@Feb 13 2003, 11:53 AM
wow i hope everything works out in the end for you . HEY ARCTIC CAT ARE YOU LISTENING !! I WAS THINKING OF BUYING A F7 MYSELF NOW I DON,T KNOW ???
Thundercat, buy it, you will not be disappointed. Over 15,0000 made and few with the major problems listed on this post.

My brother and I each own one, some minor problems, nothing that caused us to miss a weekend of riding.

Now only if Arctic Cat and the dealer can fix my last problem. NO ENOUGH SNOW

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with Earl. BUY IT, I have had very minor problems with mine (didn't miss a day of riding). The greatness of this sled way out weighs the problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
if your not running ethanol or mtbe gas you should be running in regular mode, your dumping 3% more gas in with the same amount of oil that you would run in regular mode!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
For 32,000 dollars you should have been able to buy at least 4 f7's!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by ghj@Feb 14 2003, 08:33 AM
For 32,000 dollars you should have been able to buy at least 4 f7's!
Not if those are Canadian $.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WHAT ABOUT THE GREEN ONE RUNNING ON ETHANOL, AND NOT A SPECK OF PROBLEM WITH THE CYLINDER WEAR, THE EXHAUST HAS BEEN PULLED OFF AND IT LOOKS GREAT.
WE RIDE TOGETHER,,,,,BURN THE SAME FUEL,,,ITS JUST VERY CONFUSING.
THE 32000 IS WHAT WAS SPENT AT THE DEALER, ARCTIC WEAR ,TRAILER ECT ECT,,,,,,
JUST A NOTE THE RED ONE BURNED DOWN AGAIN LAST NIGHT!
THE CYLINDERS LOOK BAD IN THE BLACK ONE TOO!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by STEVEJR@Feb 14 2003, 09:21 AM
WHAT ABOUT THE GREEN ONE RUNNING ON ETHANOL, AND NOT A SPECK OF PROBLEM WITH THE CYLINDER WEAR, THE EXHAUST HAS BEEN PULLED OFF AND IT LOOKS GREAT.
WE RIDE TOGETHER,,,,,BURN THE SAME FUEL,,,ITS JUST VERY CONFUSING.
THE 32000 IS WHAT WAS SPENT AT THE DEALER, ARCTIC WEAR ,TRAILER ECT ECT,,,,,,
JUST A NOTE THE RED ONE BURNED DOWN AGAIN LAST NIGHT!
THE CYLINDERS LOOK BAD IN THE BLACK ONE TOO!
Theres been posted that there is a wide range of oil ratios, seen anywhere from 17:1 to 125:1 posted, have you checked the oil ratios in those sleds?. They should be between 60:1 to 70:1 during normal riding conditions!!. Have you had all the updates done? (including oil pump linkage ).When you get them fixed run premix in them and check your ratios, with the premix you should be safe.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I HAVE BEEN CHECKING RATIOS ON THE BLACK ONE, 58-1, AND THE FUEL MILEAGE HAS NOT BEEN GOOD 7.8 MILES TO THE GALLON, SO IF THE FUEL MILEAGE WAS RIGHT THE OIL MIX WOULD BE RIGHT ?
HAVE BEEN CHECKING THE COMPRESSION TOO, AFTER FIRST REBUILD IT WAS 140 NOW IT IS 125 CHECKED EVERYTHING AFTER YESTERDAYS RIDE ON THE LAKE, CYCLINDERS ARE SO SO AND 125 LBS COMPRESSION, HAVENT HAD ANY OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE SLED, IT IS AWESOME. EVEN WITH THE COMPRESSION DROPPING , STILL BLEW OFF A ZR800 ON THE LAKE 100 PLUS MPH :D ,, I STILL DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT ,,LOL.
NEED THIS ENGINE PROBLEM FIXED, DONT DARE RIDE ALONE! :angry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
DONT FEEL BAD I HAVE A BLACK F7 SABER CAT THAT WENT TIGHT 4 TIMES IN A THOUSAND MILES .IT IS THE BEST AND WORST SLED ALL IN ONE I LOVE THE RIDE LIKE THE POWER HATE THE PROBLEMS AND YES I HAVE HAD ALL THE UP DATES DONE TO IT AND YES I MIX MY OIL AND GAS SO THERE IS MORE TO IT THEN CAT IS SEEING.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a green f7 sno pro with 1350 miles on it with no
prob at all. I still have the same pull rope that it came
with. It was built on 10/02 . I had the pv looked at
and cleaned at 1250 miles and every thing looks good
so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HAVE A BLACK F7 , 1100 MILES , DID MOST UPDATES MYSELF WITH THE DEALER ,
LITTLE EXTRA WORK BUT WELL WORTH IT , ONE PROBLEM -SUCKED UP THE SNOWFLAP
AT SPEED , 4 TIMES ,TRASHED IT . LOVE THE MOTOR, FUEL ECONOMY(EFI IS THE BEST),
FINALLY GOT THE PUSH IN THE STEERING SORTED OUT (170 STUDS). THESE SLEDS
LOOK GOOD . RIDE GOOD AND ROCK! THANKS ARTIC CAT FOR MAKING ALL MY BUDDY'S
WITH 800'S ENVIOUS OF MY STOCK 700 -----------------------(FORMER POLARIS RIDER)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have over 1000 miles not one single problem!!!!!!!!!!!!Love the sled,it sure whips the hell out of my buddy's xc 800.

·
Registered
149 Posts
F-7 Team Green Sno Pro 1000 miles sled only died once smart valve froze up (No Damage). No problems except little fixes that would need to be done on any toy :p I ride with three other F-7s Green Patriot, Red Standard, and Team Red TheTeam Red lost a cylinder when his smart valve froze going to get dry gas for me but no other problems. The other sleds also have around 1000 miles. Good luck Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Dealer tells me he will not install the V- force reeds I just purchased - too many problems with all his stock units out there. We all know 1st year Model recalls are common but this is getting a little crazy with my 5th trip to the dealer for another recall. After my last two melt downs with my 2001 Thundercat with one happening in Canada, I,m really thinking about flushing the green blood down the toilet. Lets get it together Arctic Cat and start having some serious testing done before releasing another sled that is going to cost you and me more $$$$

LBARCTIC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts