Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot even begin to explain the nightmare I have had with IceAge performance. Last April I ordered a set of 162 Apex rails to replace a set of bent stock rails with the intentions to fix the sled and sell it in the fall. This sled is located at our vacation home in Colorado, I flew out to Colorado with the rails from IceAge and started to install them and they were the wrong rails they had no holes for torsion's and the area they would be in was already cut out. I did not get to ride on this trip as the skid was unusable and I sat at the house for a week before flying home, they sent a new pair that were supposed to fix everything in May and our caretaker out there installed them and everything looked good, so we sold the sled up here in MN and it was delivered. My friend ended up purchasing the sled on behalf of his boss and the first ride out this year the center shock snapped in half. We thought it may be a fluke or a hard landing so we ordered a used shock off eBay and installed it. The first bump the sled hit same thing happened. So we call Ice age in January and low and behold the second set of rails they sent us were for a nytro 162 with different angles on the suspension. The guy we talked to then said it was going to be a while before we would have the rails. Fast forward to 12 days ago when we were guaranteed we would have the rails at a maximum of 4 days, no rails after 3 calls today we find out today they should be cut and ready for shipping today… we will see.

Long story short we have been trying to get the correct rails for this sled for over a year now, and we keep getting excuses and empty promises. What a joke of a company.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I cannot even begin to explain the nightmare I have had with IceAge performance. Last April I ordered a set of 162 Apex rails to replace a set of bent stock rails with the intentions to fix the sled and sell it in the fall. This sled is located at our vacation home in Colorado, I flew out to Colorado with the rails from IceAge and started to install them and they were the wrong rails they had no holes for torsion's and the area they would be in was already cut out. I did not get to ride on this trip as the skid was unusable and I sat at the house for a week before flying home, they sent a new pair that were supposed to fix everything in May and our caretaker out there installed them and everything looked good, so we sold the sled up here in MN and it was delivered. My friend ended up purchasing the sled on behalf of his boss and the first ride out this year the center shock snapped in half. We thought it may be a fluke or a hard landing so we ordered a used shock off eBay and installed it. The first bump the sled hit same thing happened. So we call Ice age in January and low and behold the second set of rails they sent us were for a nytro 162 with different angles on the suspension. The guy we talked to then said it was going to be a while before we would have the rails. Fast forward to 12 days ago when we were guaranteed we would have the rails at a maximum of 4 days, no rails after 3 calls today we find out today they should be cut and ready for shipping today… we will see.

Long story short we have been trying to get the correct rails for this sled for over a year now, and we keep getting excuses and empty promises. What a joke of a company.
I bought a used set of Iceage rails for my Summit that were supposed to be bolt on and go. I spent a lot of time drilling new holes, welding old ones shut and welding additional material to the rails so things could bolt to the rails in the correct places. I talked to Iceage on the phone one time and they assured me by the part number stamped on them that I had the right rails. I won't be doing this again :wall:

They do look sweet though once all together:lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've called and left messages and tried to contact them through face book. No call or answer back. Horrible customer service for a name so big!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This response from IceAge was copied from the SnoWest Forum. Always 2 sides to a story...

IceAge Performance

03-17-2014, 07:09 PM
We would just like to try and shed some light on this incident and provide some info as things changed a bit since the post was made. We have tried contacting the original poster "Sledmulishia" through our contact information from his order but have not been able to reach him through multiple emails or phone calls since this was posted.

Rewinding to Spring of last season his assessment is correct, there was a mixup on the order with an employee who is no longer with the company and the proper set of rails were sent out within a few weeks to get the situation remedied. At this point he had the proper rails for his sled and the whole scenario was marked as resolved on our end.

At this point his "caretaker" installed the rails and the sled was sold.Now the shock breaking incident occurs. New owner contacts IAP, and pictures are requested of said setup as we had sent the correct rails out and they should be a direct replacement with no issues. No images were sent in and we waited for this to be taken care of so we could help resolve the issue. A few weeks later we received a call from the new owner and a new set of proper rails were ordered (same set they already have) just so we can make sure it wasn't a manufacturing fluke. While we are in the process of cutting a new set, we again request pictures of the setup as we would like to resolve the issue without throwing product at a problem that should have been resolved already.

This time pictures of the skid are received, and the problem becomes very quickly apparent. The rear track shock and torsion spring mounts were put into the wrong holes in the rails and when installed this way it caused the shock to bind in the linkage breaking as soon as the weight was removed from the skid (jumping). This installation error would have occurred on our rails or stock replacements, as the hole pattern is the same. It was a simple mistake that had been re installed twice this way causing the shock failure. The new owner of the sled was contacted regarding the installation mix up, he re installed a new shock properly and is now ready to enjoy his sled again and was very happy we were able to come to a simple resolution.

Long story short, there was a simple yet unfortunate order mix up that was resolved last spring. The ensuing debacle stemmed from a simple yet costly improper reassembly of the stock rear suspension coupled with delayed and confusing contact path with the new sled owner and original rail purchaser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts