Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was bound to happen. I guess I'm the first official F7 to get beat by sleds I should have beat up on. Yeah, I lost to all of the following:

ZR600
XC700
MXZ600
ZL700
580 EXT!!! :huh:

As well as all the new 2003 big iron (RX-1, ZR900, ProX8).

Couldn't figure out what the deal was, but every time I hit the gas they just pulled on me and I couldn't gain on them. I was getting pissed, but then ... all of a sudden, this music started going off.

It was my alarm clock ... nightmare was over!! :p

Guess that's all I can do while living in MN .... dream about snow :angry:

·
Registered
151 Posts
You had me going, I thought you must have been riding a mini z to get beat by all those sleds.

Here's a post I made earlier, and the results of going down the lake with the sleds you listed. So wake up my friend the nightmare is over and the fat lady is singing.

Steve ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry, here's the post!!

Just got back from a few days of riding in Eustis. 1st morning myself and another F7 and alot of poo riders, we started the F7's at the same time and in about 5 min. they both stalled and would not start. With all the others waiting I told them go ahead and we would try to get them going and catch up. Called the dealer they were no help being 110 miles south of us. So I pulled out Arctic Cat special tool #32456 (coat hanger) and fished the smart valve out of mine. My buddy was convinced he had fouled the plugs, so he was fighting with those. I could see the valve was stuck closed, (no idea why) so I pulled it apart took it inside cleaned it and stretched the spring out so it would no close as easy, put it back together droped it in the tank 3 pulls and it was running. Much to my friends suprise, he was still changing plugs. I gave him AC special tool # 32456 and we had him running in 5 min. Caught up wiyh everyone else and beat up on all the poo riders.

The sleds ran perfect for the next 3 days. Now have over 300 miles and no real problems. Going in for updates on Monday. This thing absolutly flys, XC 800, ProX 800, XC600, XC700 it just didn't matter sent them all home to play with clutching or something so they can come play another day.

Steve

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Same sleds-same results here. I will admit that I got smoked by a very quick ZRT 600 on the ice in 500' last Sunday-he was lying in the weeds just waiting for prey. <_<

·
Registered
242 Posts
Keep that damned nightmare crap over by Lake City don't let it come this way. I'm having enough trouble staying sane the way it is.
Please God let it SNOW, SNOW, SNOW.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have found some snow for us MN riders. 35 miles north of park rapids, there is a pocket of 6 inch snow in the woods, Talked to someone from the office that just got back and said they rode north to bagley and around. couldnt go south much or east as it thinned out but plenty around Hoot owl resort.. put on about 150 miles a day....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pull pipe and check pistons to see if they are scored, mine seemed fine, but when you run another sled you can tell a big difference.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
man some of you guys have too much time on your hands to come up with that stuff..aww well I guess there is not much else to do without snow.

·
Registered
827 Posts
damn i'm laying on the floor,call the paramedics on that one,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts