Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out riding last night with several friends and my temp light came on. Hit several water holes on our ride. I felt the heads, rails, and coolers but they all felt felt warm but not hot. Limped her home over loose snow as much as possible, stopping often to feel the heads. Just started it this morning and the light is still on. Just put her in my garage to thaw her out. Does anybody have any thoughts as to what's wrong or had the same problem. I'm thinking it might be moisture in a connector or maybe a bad sensor. I have 190 miles on the sled so far with out any problems except this. Please respond someone. I want to take it out this x-mas and ride but don't dare until I solve this problem.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have 170 miles on my f7 no problems so far, until tonight. Started my sled this morning to move it foreward on the trailer no light came on but noticed some codensation. Started the sled tonight to move into the garage and the temp light came right on. It ran for 5-10 minutes and it didn't shut off. Is this due to the codenstion in the engine compartment. Note the sled was ice cold when I started it to begin with. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled my sled into a heated garage and let it dry out fully. I also disconnected the any plugs I saw and blew them out with compressed air. Next I used dielectric grease on plugs to water proof them. Let finiish dry and light went out after i blew out the connectors. good luck

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks pulled mine in the garage let run for a few and then threw a cover on it to keep the heat in. This am the light is out and ready to ride. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
171 Posts
my oil light always comes on after 100 miles. it is recalled so i'm not allarmed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts