Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at about 160 miles on my f7 the tempature light came on. I felt the motor and it wasn't hot and the right side heat exchanger wasn't hot. so i figured i had an air pocket in the system. so i went threw the process of burping the sled and the light went off. now at 280 miles the temp. light came back on. I was out in the middle of know were so i stoped and did the burp process again and let the sled sit for about 1/2 hour. started the sled back up and the light was still on, didn't have a choice but to ride it home. after about 10-15 miles the light went off. why does the light keep coming on and should i be worried that i had to drive it when the light was on??

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is it lit solid? Or is it flashing??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its solid but not very bright, seems to only come on when the oil light comes on, if that makes any sense??

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm looking at the schematic so try this:

there is a 16 pin/wire plug that comes out of that back of the speedo.

the red/white wire is your temp
the red wire is your oil

follow them down to a 6 pin/wire connector
check this connector for loose wire or water/ice in it

check these 2 wires for any rub thru's

the red/white wire will lite(temp) when it's connected to ground
the red wire will lite(oil) when connected to 13vac
the brown wire is the common for this harness and is in the corner of the 6 pin connector. I would look at these 3 wires carefully.

·
Registered
879 Posts
After I gave my baby a bath at the car wash, the temp. light came on when I started the cold motor. The harness going into the ECU was wet. I dried it out and the light went off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts