Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think a temp. gauge would be a good thing to install on my SP440 '05.
Right now I have no idea at all about engine temp. when trail riding......

Have any one have tied to install that on the SP's ?.

:beerchug:
Jens

·
Registered
929 Posts
i put one on my 04. runs about 180-190 in good snow

·
Registered
929 Posts
i used an artic cat one. very easy to install

98 Posts
I read on a post last year about overheating, to pull the overflow hose out and let it hang to the inside where you can glance down at it. sounds kinda crude but it seems to work. if antifreeze is coming out your running too hot. I ran this way last year and never had any over heating problems. Although I always ran in loose snow conditions.
just my two pennies

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Th' Flying O'Bryon@Oct 19 2005, 09:35 PM
I read on a post last year about overheating, to pull the overflow hose out and let it hang to the inside where you can glance down at it. sounds kinda crude but it seems to work. if antifreeze is coming out your running too hot. I ran this way last year and never had any over heating problems. Although I always ran in loose snow conditions.
                          just my two pennies
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941569
[/quote]

So when you feets get wet, your sled is too hot........
:div20:

·
Registered
247 Posts
i dont have a 440 but i did put one on my 2003 zr 900 and i like it ,its good to keep an eye on things, my sled runs in the 130-140 range , i also have the oem light still and once i was in some low snow and the gauge was in the red and the light still did not come on , i dont no what temp the light will come on at , well think snow and ride GREEN

CYA DAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Im thinken about getting one but seriously will i even need it, its not like i ride like a grampa on a jag 340, snow is always going to be thrown up there exspecailly when pounding trails and side hill sick gaps im still debating about the cooler............................. only reason is becaue my friend has a 95 xcr 600 and the coolers are under the floor boards and when we ride on hard packed snow, no snow is getting kicked up to the exchangers under the foot rests. the cooler infront of the cog is whats keeping the sled cool... as long as you ride responsibly you will be able to feel if your sled is loosing power (getting hot) and when it does just dock off into the powder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts