Hardcore Sledder banner

Tek-vest

1K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  duality 
#1 ·
After reading the discussion of Morby's unfortunate crash i see some of us wear Tek-vests. I've never worn one and i'm wondering how many of us on here are wearing them? Are they comfortable? How much protection do they provide?

Peter

#2 ·
Originally posted by peter@Jan 9 2003, 07:32 PM
After reading the discussion of Morby's unfortunate crash i see some of us wear Tek-vests. I've never worn one and i'm wondering how many of us on here are wearing them? Are they comfortable? How much protection do they provide?

Peter
Hope to tell you on Monday...mine from The Outdoor Shop is due in the mail tomorrow. Figured it was about time...Marc

G
#4 ·
I do! and trust me they work real good to!! $4000 canadian damage to my Zr 600LE, all I got was a couple of cuts on face from my Smiths, I have an older type not quite as comfie as my sons from the new cat catalog. they work!!

#5 ·
Not here, wrecked the MC 900 last Feb at 85 MPH. Flipped and rolled. No damn to myself except my pride. Dealer gives me crap as the sled only had 12 miles on it. Can you guess my nick name now???

#6 ·
I have the trail sport model-it is comfortable. It took a little getting used to because it was harder to turn around and look back at first-but I got used to it. It also seems to add some support if you keep it snugged tight. I haven't crashed but mine came with a video that showed some nasty crashes that guys walked away from. I think they might show some clips on their website. It is warm-nice if it is cold out but you can also sweat your butt off in it.

#10 ·
i have logged 20,000 miles in three seasons ,won t ride with out it :rolleyes:

#12 ·
Started wearing one last year, won't ride without it now. Took a little trip over the bars a couple of weeks ago, sure was glad I had it on. I have a Tek-Vest Super Sport and wear it over my bibbs and under my jacket, which is usually sans the liner since the vest helps keep you warm.

Thinking about trying to get the wife to wear one also, but I don't knwo how comfortable it is for a woman :blink:

#14 ·
I wear the Supersport tekvest under my jacket after a crash where i punctured a lung. I dont like riding w/o it now. I get a little warm, so I usually take out the liner of my jacket. I used to wear a kidney belt, but now I found that the support from the tekvest is good enough. I would highly recommend one.

#16 ·
I have one as well, not a tek vest brand but, the older style saf-jac vest, it probably isn't as good as the new stuff, it does have some age on it, bought it used from SKI-DOO Racer Craig Marchbank. This is the second one I've owned, sold the first with the race sled.

#18 ·
I've worn one for 3 seasons now, I would'nt leave home without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.